HP Prime battery replacement
08-22-2018, 08:38 AM
RE: HP Prime battery replacement
(08-22-2018 07:59 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  As a senior member, I thought you'd immediately get the reference to TAS. I used it tongue-in-cheek since it was a silly policy not to name it and I've made fun of it many times. It was like sticking your fingers in your ears and saying, "Nyah, nyah, I can't hear you!" when someone says something you don't like. As I said, go by the total feedbacks and percentage positive and you should be fine.

One thing about being a "senior" is old age. :-( But this is a calculator forum so my brain has been focused on the numbers rather than acronyms. :-) Sorry. I wasn't even aware of the anti-EBAY, ahem, anti-TAS, "policy" in this forum. So it would appear I have gravely sinned in daring to invoke its unholy name. Ah well. Perhaps the powers that be will be forgiving.

Okay, so we cannot share detailed specifics of where we buy things in this forum, and everyone therefore has to figure out the details for themselves.

Got it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2018, 03:06 PM
(08-22-2018 08:38 AM)JDW Wrote:  
(08-22-2018 07:59 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  As a senior member, I thought you'd immediately get the reference to TAS. [...]

One thing about being a "senior" is old age. :-( But this is a calculator forum so my brain has been focused on the numbers rather than acronyms. :-) Sorry. I wasn't even aware of the anti-EBAY, ahem, anti-TAS, "policy" in this forum. So it would appear I have gravely sinned in daring to invoke its unholy name. Ah well. Perhaps the powers that be will be forgiving.

AFAIK, there is no rule against mentioning eBay, the "TAS" thing is just a running joke in response to the use of "TOS". (I think there is another one too, but I can't remember it.)

— Ian Abbott
08-22-2018, 09:23 PM
(08-22-2018 03:06 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  AFAIK, there is no rule against mentioning eBay, the "TAS" thing is just a running joke in response to the use of "TOS". (I think there is another one too, but I can't remember it.)

Good. That means I can say this...

EBAY, EBAY, EBAY!
Your name is here to stay.
May our friendly forum users
From thee never shy away.
Some invoke cryptic acronyms
Because they’re fun to use.
But someone ultimately comes along
Who isn’t much amused.

EBAY!

Now post your Samsung battery purchase URLs, for the benefit of everyone who eventually find this thread. Thanks.
08-22-2018, 09:56 PM
(08-22-2018 09:23 PM)JDW Wrote:  Good. That means I can say this...

EBAY, EBAY, EBAY!
Your name is here to stay.
May our friendly forum users
From thee never shy away.
Some invoke cryptic acronyms
Because they’re fun to use.
But someone ultimately comes along
Who isn’t much amused.

EBAY!

Hmmm... I don't recall topic-appropriate poetry here on MoHPC in the past... One thing is almost certainly the case; this poem about eBay is a first. Undecided

--Bob Prosperi
08-23-2018, 12:07 AM
(08-22-2018 09:56 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I don't recall topic-appropriate poetry here on MoHPC in the past...

Glad you were intrigued. It was my feeble attempt to counter-balance the predominantly left-brained nature of this forum with a splattering of right-brain amusement. And of course, the ultimate aim is to get people to post specific links to the precise locations and/or product pages where they purchased their replacement Prime batteries. If we can help each other save time by not having to Google every last detail, we've done a good job.
08-23-2018, 01:36 AM
(08-23-2018 12:07 AM)JDW Wrote:  <snip>
... the ultimate aim is to get people to post specific links to the precise locations and/or product pages where they purchased their replacement Prime batteries. If we can help each other save time by not having to Google every last detail, we've done a good job.

Your intent is entirely laudable JD but the results would likely be short-lived. Product links tend to have a limited shelf life before going dead. Even links to external information sites can go 404 in just a few years (very frustrating when using MoHPC as a research jump-off point).

The approach by Tom L of defining where to look, seller selection criteria, and even personal seller recommendation based on prior experience is much more likely to serve those in the future. BTW, I puzzled for sometime over acronyms like TAS, but knew it was one of those club secret-handshake sort of knowledge bits. Eventually someone dropped a hint and I found an old posting explaining the meaning. Sort of like finding the hidden easter egg in a new product release.

Nice poem. Who wants to start the official HP calculator poetry slam thread Smile
~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)