HP 48G Repair
08-18-2018, 01:31 AM
HP 48G Repair
Hi. I just registered tonight and this is my first post. I have an HP48G I bought new around 1994. It looks like it won't come on anymore even though I have replaced the batteries and attempted a reset. The reset did work but some buttons were unresponsive. That was a week ago. Now, it won't come on at all. Does anyone know a trustworthy source I could send to have it repaired? I am located in the southeast and would love to find someone I could drive to and leave it with them then pick it up (I know, might be a stretch). I travel 3-1/2 states for work. Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2018, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2018 02:15 AM by rprosperi.)
RE: HP 48G Repair
(08-18-2018 01:31 AM)Tupelo Rod Wrote:  Hi. I just registered tonight and this is my first post. I have an HP48G I bought new around 1994. It looks like it won't come on anymore even though I have replaced the batteries and attempted a reset. The reset did work but some buttons were unresponsive. That was a week ago. Now, it won't come on at all. Does anyone know a trustworthy source I could send to have it repaired? I am located in the southeast and would love to find someone I could drive to and leave it with them then pick it up (I know, might be a stretch). I travel 3-1/2 states for work. Thanks in advance.

Try pressing down below the LCD window when you press buttons (including the [ON] button], and they will probably work. If so, this is a very common problem on 48 family machines and can be easily fixed.

I do not know anyone for sure that does repairs in the Southeast, but you can contact Adam Jones (aj04062 here on the MoHPC Forum); he has done these repairs for years for many members, myself included, with great results, at fair prices and with no complaints. Send him an email or PM.

--Bob Prosperi
08-18-2018, 02:23 PM
Thanks, Bob. However, it didn't work. It seems to be unresponsive. I will reach out to Adam. I appreciate your input.
08-19-2018, 01:10 AM
He can also be found offering various repair services on eBay. Do a search there for "hp48 repair" (I've also had work done by him).

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)