lifutils 1.7.8 and pyILPER final release
08-21-2018, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2018 11:12 AM by jsi.)
lifutils 1.7.8 and pyILPER final release
I published the final version of the LIFUTILS 1.7.8 and pyILPER 1.7.2 on GitHub.

pyILPER got some bug fixes and two new features:
  • User defined keyboard shortcuts
  • Tagging of scope log files

See the release notes and this post for further information.

pyILPER 1.7.2 is available on the ANACONDA channel by now. A
Code:

conda update --all
should update pyILPER to the latest version. See the installation instructions for further details.

The LIFUTILS got bug fixes and a comprehensive tutorial. The existing documentation was checked and updated. I hope that this will gain a better access to the software. See the revision history of the LIFUTILS for details of release 1.7.8.

I did tests with reading and writing HP9114 compatible floppy disks with the LIFUTILS, wich is only supported for LINUX. It proved that the results highly depend on the capabilities of the floppy drive and controller of the LINUX system. The findings were included in the tutorial.

Although not enforced by pyILPER I recommend everybody to update to the latest LIFUTILS version. See the installation instructions for details.

Many thanks to all who helped to test or improve this release!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2018, 12:05 AM
RE: lifutils 1.7.8 and pyILPER final release
(08-21-2018 11:03 AM)jsi Wrote:  I published the final version of the LIFUTILS 1.7.8 and pyILPER 1.7.2 on GitHub.

pyILPER got some bug fixes and two new features:
  • User defined keyboard shortcuts
  • Tagging of scope log files

See the release notes and this post for further information.

pyILPER 1.7.2 is available on the ANACONDA channel by now. A
Code:

conda update --all
should update pyILPER to the latest version. See the installation instructions for further details.

The LIFUTILS got bug fixes and a comprehensive tutorial. The existing documentation was checked and updated. I hope that this will gain a better access to the software. See the revision history of the LIFUTILS for details of release 1.7.8.

I did tests with reading and writing HP9114 compatible floppy disks with the LIFUTILS, wich is only supported for LINUX. It proved that the results highly depend on the capabilities of the floppy drive and controller of the LINUX system. The findings were included in the tutorial.

Although not enforced by pyILPER I recommend everybody to update to the latest LIFUTILS version. See the installation instructions for details.

Many thanks to all who helped to test or improve this release!

Both installed smoothly with no issues.

Updating via "conda update --all" worked but also noted that conda itself needed an update, with a suggested update command which I used, but at the end it displayed an odd message (which I forgot to capture) but all seems to be running fine, so likely not an issue.

Thanks for these nice updates Joachim; the lifutils tutorial is a big help (included examples always help - why don't more folks learn that?) and was no doubt a huge effort.

The new feature to easily define custom key assignments works great, thank you especially for that enhancement!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)