Prime Wireless Connectivity Kit
08-30-2018, 10:29 PM
Prime Wireless Connectivity Kit
I just got the wireless kit for Prime. Of course my HW A machine can't use a dongle but my two HW C machines (and my HW D machine when it gets here!) can. Setup is simple. plug the base station into a PC, plug an orange dongle into a Prime, start the Connectivity Kit on the PC, go to Prime's settings and connect to the network. There seems to be one problem, though. I can't turn off the Prime with the dongle installed and the CK running! If I close the CK window, I can turn off the Prime normally. Is this by design? Does anyone else here have the wireless kit and if so, can you confirm the problem or is it a problem with mine only or is it a problem at all?

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2018, 11:14 PM
RE: Prime Wireless Connectivity Kit
By design. If you are connected to the network it will maintain the power on state to keep the monitoring going and the ability to send receive polls, messages, and share screens. Either close the connkit to stop the network, or pop the dongle out, or disconnect on the network page and it will be able to be turned off again.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-31-2018, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2018 03:38 AM by toml_12953.)
RE: Prime Wireless Connectivity Kit
(08-30-2018 11:14 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  By design. If you are connected to the network it will maintain the power on state to keep the monitoring going and the ability to send receive polls, messages, and share screens. Either close the connkit to stop the network, or pop the dongle out, or disconnect on the network page and it will be able to be turned off again.

Good to know. Thanks for the quick response. So far the wireless kit has been flawless. Setup couldn't be easier and the network connection is fast and solid. Now if only I could connect a power cord while the dongle is in place and it could connect to wi-fi... Smile

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)