Survey: use of the [MENU] key
08-27-2018, 10:48 PM
Survey: use of the [MENU] key
Hello, the [menu] key has utility for you?

Due to the low synchronization or compatibility between CAS and HOME, it is not very practical. I think that this function should be available with a [shift holdn]+[menu] key and use the [menu] key for example to customize the menu, (soft menu)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2018, 12:59 AM
RE: Survey: use of the [MENU] key
(08-27-2018 10:48 PM)compsystems Wrote:  Hello, the [menu] key has utility for you?

Due to the low synchronization or compatibility between CAS and HOME, it is not very practical. I think that this function should be available with a [shift holdn]+[menu] key and use the [menu] key for example to customize the menu, (soft menu)

Since I never use CAS mode, the menu key is very useful for me.

Tom L
Cui bono?
08-28-2018, 09:38 AM
(08-27-2018 10:48 PM)compsystems Wrote:  Hello, the [menu] key has utility for you?

[shift] [menu] is already used for the Paste function, but the drop-down menu invoked by the [menu] key could be extended to support other functions. For example, there could be an item for customizing soft keys as you describe.

— Ian Abbott
08-28-2018, 10:13 PM
I wish the old HP 48 series soft MENU could be brought back
since with the touch display it could be (optionally) extended to be a matrix
One could (optionally) have ten rows of six soft [MENU] keys
CST custom menu is a must. I know there is no PATH, but one CST will do.
09-03-2018, 03:43 AM
in fact it could be used for that or for a contextual menu for each application such as the solver, or geometry or any other that is installed at the factory. Because in itself the use you have is very little or useless to put it that way.
09-03-2018, 03:48 AM
(08-28-2018 10:13 PM)CyberAngel Wrote:  I wish the old HP 48 series soft MENU could be brought back

That's right, that's what I think many would like in the First, therefore, a more practical and manageable menu than the one currently on the market, because if you want to use a command twice you have to enter each of the submenus until you find it; while having the soft menu the command would be immediately available for use, or whether we can create a CST menu like in the 50g.
09-03-2018, 08:07 AM
(09-03-2018 03:48 AM)math7 Wrote:  
(08-28-2018 10:13 PM)CyberAngel Wrote:  I wish the old HP 48 series soft MENU could be brought back

That's right, that's what I think many would like in the First, therefore, a more practical and manageable menu than the one currently on the market, because if you want to use a command twice you have to enter each of the submenus until you find it; while having the soft menu the command would be immediately available for use, or whether we can create a CST menu like in the 50g.

Yes - and if they (Cyrille,Tim) implement the famous HOLD the [Shift]&[Menu]
one can add there the Custom Menu (and the Help needs a small update for that)
The Shift holding can used in [List] to invoke the Stack environment (or use the App)
that I have suggested somewhere else (as a Public Beta Application first, etc.)

Think about the old one-line MENU with six [Keys]
then an expanded, maximum ten-line menu with List of Menu Lists (max 10*6)
The touch display is fantastic!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)