hp50g and power bank
08-12-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: hp50g and power bank
Yes the eneloops are sitting on my desk since two months. Note that the calculator I use are mostly connected to usb. The batteries are there when I switch them as I have more calculators than usb ports, leaving one in standby without connection for some time. So even "poor" batteries may help in my case.

And I was mistaken, yesterday I got the parcel and it is a BC700. The BC1000 costs a bit more.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2018, 05:22 PM
(04-30-2017 06:54 AM)pier4r Wrote:  While reading the general forum I found another interesting post

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-3988.html

It seems that sometimes the 50g just drains more power than needed.

There is another confirmation that when the usb is plugged, no battery drain. I love the 50g for this, because one can exploit the technology made for Smartphones to power it, just I did not know that power banks requires a minimum of drain power to stay active.

What were written at post #6. ... I told you. *hehehee*
09-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Dieter!

The BC700 is awesome. If one has no experience of a product one may really miss something out. The charger offers so much data to reflect on.

Also likely has a PCB inside it that has hardcoded algorithms to test capacities and co. I would really like to know them. It is amazing what it offers. I used multimeters to determine voltage & co, but I couldn't dream to test a battery.

Does anyone know which algorithms or procedures the BC700 uses to determine the following?
- the capacity of a battery (with charges, discharges)
- estimate the current charge

09-09-2018, 03:38 PM
(09-09-2018 10:49 AM)pier4r Wrote:  The BC700 is awesome. If one has no experience of a product one may really miss something out. The charger offers so much data to reflect on.

Yes, there's quite some features to play with. ;-)

(09-09-2018 10:49 AM)pier4r Wrote:  Does anyone know which algorithms or procedures the BC700 uses to determine the following?
- the capacity of a battery (with charges, discharges)
- estimate the current charge

I think the only one who really knows this is the manufacturer himself. But determining the charged or discharged capacity is trivial: it's just the integral of the current over the charge/discharge time. So if you take a current reading every, say, 10 seconds, just add these values in mA and multiply the sum by 10 / 3600 to get a mAh result.

Dieter
09-09-2018, 06:54 PM
yes I am not expecting the precise formulas but an approximation.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)