HP's own museum
12-30-2022, 05:08 PM
HP's own museum
A week or so ago, I discovered this via Google: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/abouthp/histnfa...story.html. Most of the links on the sidebar just send you to HP's 404 page. The HP Measure link, amazingly, does work, and the HP Journal links takes you to something that just hangs on load. "Company Information" takes you to something that looks like it was last updated in 2000 (but the pdf links work!).

Just a little curiosity. Probably most folks on here already knew about it. It kind of reminds me of that other fan-made HP museum that covers all HP products, not just calculators.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2022, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2022 08:11 PM by Didier Lachieze.)
RE: HP's own museum
I knew about it, you can find more on archive.org.

On archive.org we can also find very old web pages such as this page from June 1997 about the Logicdart:

[Image: mini_190129114208566246.jpg]

[Image: ldloop.gif]

Or the calculators page from February 1997 (in the links section you’ll find a familiar one Wink )
12-30-2022, 09:40 PM
Not the only thing that's been lost (think this was mentioned before when the fire happened).

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/bu...osa-fires/

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
01-05-2023, 11:56 PM
Having worked at the Fountain Grove site in Santa Rosa from 1979 through 1985 (then was moved to their spin-off in Rohnert Park until 1989), the fact that they never digitized or otherwise preserved HP's founding documents before they were all lost in the fire sickens me. That site, "Heaven on the Hill" as local folks called it in the days of Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard, isn't what it used to be. Sigh!

So many signals, so little bandwidth!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)