Importing libraries on iHP48 for iOS
06-09-2023, 06:25 PM
Importing libraries on iHP48 for iOS
Anyone have luck in importing libraries to the iHP48 app?

I've downloaded a few libraries from HPcalc.org.
I moved them into the iHP48 folder on my phone with the Files app and unzipped them there.
When I use the "Load Object" command from the iHP48 menu, the library file gets dumped on the stack as a string (at least that's how it appears).

The string starts with "HPHP49-C" but doesn not contain the normal library prefix/number.
Is there a trick I'm missing?
Is there an issue with the way the app imports binary files?

I'm mainly using the HP 49G+ emulation, but I tried with the HP 48 ROM as well.

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2023, 09:24 PM
RE: Importing libraries on iHP48 for iOS
(06-09-2023 06:25 PM)Ox49+ Wrote:  Is there a trick I'm missing?

Yes - see this post.
06-11-2023, 10:13 PM
(06-11-2023 09:24 PM)BruceH Wrote:  
(06-09-2023 06:25 PM)Ox49+ Wrote:  Is there a trick I'm missing?

Yes - see this post.

That converts between strings and HP objects. That won't help him. What he instead has is the binary showing up as an "HPHP49-C..." binary string.

I don't know anything about iHP48. If that happens on a real calculator, it usually means the file transferred is corrupt, but there are tools to remove the header. You can run this on a 49/50 to remove the header and make an object out of it:

256 ATTACH MEM DROP RCL ->A 26 + A-> NEWOB

For a 48, there are programs like OBJFIX and FIXIT, but if you can't get them transferred to the emulated calculator in the first place it becomes much more difficult. You'd then need a program like ASC to load OBJFIX or FIXIT.

But maybe iHP48 does things differently and there is a better answer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-15-2023, 09:52 PM
(06-11-2023 10:13 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  That converts between strings and HP objects. That won't help him. What he instead has is the binary showing up as an "HPHP49-C..." binary string.

I don't know anything about iHP48. If that happens on a real calculator, it usually means the file transferred is corrupt, but there are tools to remove the header. You can run this on a 49/50 to remove the header and make an object out of it:

256 ATTACH MEM DROP RCL ->A 26 + A-> NEWOB

For a 48, there are programs like OBJFIX and FIXIT, but if you can't get them transferred to the emulated calculator in the first place it becomes much more difficult. You'd then need a program like ASC to load OBJFIX or FIXIT.

But maybe iHP48 does things differently and there is a better answer.

Thank you so much - that did the trick!
I'm new to SysRPL, so I'm trying to figure out what that did, lol.

256 ATTACH = attach development library
MEM DROP = is this to clear temporary memory? (seems to be a secondary function of the MEM command)
->A 26 + A-> = so this gets the address of the object on the stack, adds 26, and returns the object starting 26 bits later in memory? I'm gathering this trims off the header of the original binary string object and returns the object that's contained within? I noticed as soon as I executed A->, the object looked like a library object (e.g., Library nnnn: ...).
NEWOB = creates a fresh copy of the object in memory. Not sure what this does other than clean up memory. Is this necessary?

Again,
Thanks for the help! That did the trick.
06-16-2023, 06:47 AM
(06-09-2023 06:25 PM)Ox49+ Wrote:  Anyone have luck in importing libraries to the iHP48 app?

I've downloaded a few libraries from HPcalc.org.
I moved them into the iHP48 folder on my phone with the Files app and unzipped them there.
When I use the "Load Object" command from the iHP48 menu, the library file gets dumped on the stack as a string (at least that's how it appears).

The string starts with "HPHP49-C" but doesn not contain the normal library prefix/number.
Is there a trick I'm missing?
Is there an issue with the way the app imports binary files?

I'm mainly using the HP 49G+ emulation, but I tried with the HP 48 ROM as well.

Thanks in advance!
In my phone there is no iHP48 folder in the Files app. So no way to "Load Object". How do you make the iHP48 folder visible with the Files app?
Hope someone could help me. Many thanks!
06-16-2023, 08:23 AM
As an alternative, you can connect your iOS device with a cable to your computer and launch iTunes. Go to 'File Sharing' and select the iHP48 app. Drop the files you need in 'iHP48 Documents'.
If you want to create subfolders or want to move some files, you can always use the built-in 'Filemanager' of iHP48.
06-17-2023, 02:36 AM
(06-16-2023 06:47 AM)slabco Wrote:  In my phone there is no iHP48 folder in the Files app. So no way to "Load Object". How do you make the iHP48 folder visible with the Files app?

Are you sure the Files app is looking at the files on your phone and not your iCloud Drive? That always used to confuse me because my app usually opens in the iCloud Drive. Try hitting “Back” in the upper left corner until you get to the browse screen where you can chose files “On MyPhone”. I have an iHP48 folder there that was installed with the app. Hope that helps.
06-18-2023, 02:37 AM
(06-17-2023 02:36 AM)Ox49+ Wrote:  
(06-16-2023 06:47 AM)slabco Wrote:  In my phone there is no iHP48 folder in the Files app. So no way to "Load Object". How do you make the iHP48 folder visible with the Files app?

Are you sure the Files app is looking at the files on your phone and not your iCloud Drive? That always used to confuse me because my app usually opens in the iCloud Drive. Try hitting “Back” in the upper left corner until you get to the browse screen where you can chose files “On MyPhone”. I have an iHP48 folder there that was installed with the app. Hope that helps.
Yes. Files app is at the files on my phone. No iHP48 folder. I reinstall it many times. In recent version the author has deleted 50g's good skins. Sad
09-29-2023, 06:48 PM
(06-18-2023 02:37 AM)slabco Wrote:  
(06-17-2023 02:36 AM)Ox49+ Wrote:  Are you sure the Files app is looking at the files on your phone and not your iCloud Drive? That always used to confuse me because my app usually opens in the iCloud Drive. Try hitting “Back” in the upper left corner until you get to the browse screen where you can chose files “On MyPhone”. I have an iHP48 folder there that was installed with the app. Hope that helps.
Yes. Files app is at the files on my phone. No iHP48 folder. I reinstall it many times. In recent version the author has deleted 50g's good skins. Sad

You need to look for the "On My iPhone" location. If you have the app installed, the folder is there. You are most likely looking inside your iCloud Drive. These are not the same.

HP48GX, HP42s and DM42.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)