emu41p + HP-IL
10-21-2018, 07:24 AM
emu41p + HP-IL
Hi, all

I have Portable Plus with emu41p installed(ROMs) + Ludlum 2200-12(device that I want to control)
I tested HP-IL loop via built-in in Portable Plus testing utils(shift+extend char+F8) and loop closed, 1 device found, so I hope everything works and connected ok.
But when trying to communicate with device in emu41p by using OUTA - nothing happens, device doesn't react, INA - I'm getting TRANSMIT ERR Sad
Maybe Portable Plus or emu41p need some additional configuration?
Also strange thing, when activating ALPHA and typing command to send(before OUTA)- some symbols become *, some not, and they are in lower register(not sure if it matters), so maybe I'm not actually sending correct commands to device?
Here is simplest programs I tried:
LBL "CNT"
"C"
OUTA - nothing happens

LBL "VER"
"VR" - entering like ALPHA vr(both symbols displayed as **)ALPHA
OUTA - XEQ ALPHA OUTA(displayed ok, upper case)ALPHA
INA - getting TRANSMIT ERR
AVIEW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2018, 02:14 AM
RE: emu41p + HP-IL
One of the thing you could do is to try to get the Device ID of your unit.
You need the 82160A HP-IL & 82183A Extended-I/O modules to do the following steps:
Code:
AUTOIO
SELECT
ID
AVIEW
You should see the device identifier string of your device (ex.: "HP3468A")
10-22-2018, 02:49 AM
(10-22-2018 02:14 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  One of the thing you could do is to try to get the Device ID of your unit.
You need the 82160A HP-IL & 82183A Extended-I/O modules to do the following steps:
Code:
AUTOIO
SELECT
ID
AVIEW
You should see the device identifier string of your device (ex.: "HP3468A")

JFG posted info about this device (I believe from the manual) on the newsgroup as follows:

Quote:The Ludlum 2200-12 has an ID$="LMI2200-12" and an AID=7Eh (general analytical or scientific instrument).
So it is not based on the 82166 components but is using a dedicated HP-IL firmware.

--Bob Prosperi
10-22-2018, 06:28 AM
(10-22-2018 02:14 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  You need the 82160A HP-IL & 82183A Extended-I/O modules to do the following steps
I'm not sure if 82183A ROM built in into emulator, but I'll try, thank you
10-22-2018, 07:20 AM
(10-21-2018 07:24 AM)S0N1C Wrote:  But when trying to communicate with device in emu41p by using OUTA - nothing happens, device doesn't react, INA - I'm getting TRANSMIT ERR Sad

Reason is that there is not only your instrument in the loop but also the emu41p internal virtual devices (DISPLAY, HDRIVE1, DOSLINK, SERIAL1) and the external devices (XIL) are at the end of the loop. So your instrument is not at address 1 (the default address used by OUTA/INA) and you must first SELECT it.
The recommended way is to use the FINDID command and the ID of your instrument that is LMI2200-12 according to the manual you provided elsewhere:
"LMI2200" (use the first 7 characters only)
FINDID
SELECT
then you can do the required OUTA/INA sequences.

Quote:Also strange thing, when activating ALPHA and typing command to send(before OUTA)- some symbols become *, some not, and they are in lower register(not sure if it matters), so maybe I'm not actually sending correct commands to device?

This is because emu41p, by default, load the excellent CCD-OSX ROM (a subset of the CCD module) that provides access to the full lowercase characters.
You can either remove the CCD-OSX ROM in the emu41p.ini file, or just disable the lowercase feature by using the USER mode.

J-F
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2018, 07:29 PM
Yep, it did it! It is device #5 on the loop, and now it responds to my commands Smile
Thank you Sylvain Cote and J-F Garnier!
10-22-2018, 07:57 PM
Just to show how it looks Smile
[Image: DqIyDCzWsAEu3fK.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)