Do I dare to use my 41?
11-02-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: Do I dare to use my 41?
Hello!

(11-02-2018 03:51 AM)Jlouis Wrote:  But let's not start it again, right?

Absolutely not! Many of us here are collectors who value the fisrt (and second and third...) generation of pocket calculators, but that does not automatically mean that we want to get the same old stuff over and over again. The future lies ahead of us and - I at least - am very curious what it will bring. In terms of everything, calculators included. There has been a time for the HP-41 and a time for the HP-42 but soon it will be 2019.

And for the thread starter: If you like your HP-41 and can make good use of it, then use it as much as you can. If it breaks then so what? Get another one. There still are thousands out there.
I have the impression that the peak of the price-craze is over. The old-calculator market seems to be saturated. There are still plenty of 499$-buy-it-now listings for HP-41Cs, but this is not what you will actually have to pay for one. During the last several weeks I got (among others) a working HP-27 for less than 100 Euros, an as-new HP-25C (with a battery pack that still holds a full charge) for 40 Euros with manuals and a Ti-59, also like new and working perfectly for 10 Euros. AND an HP-41CV with pouch, card reader and two modules (including a navigation module which is actually all that I am interested in) for 41 Euros. All normal listings on eBay with almost no one bidding against me.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2018, 06:42 PM
(11-02-2018 10:06 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 03:51 AM)Jlouis Wrote:  I really don't see a 20.000 signatures petition to bring back the 42s...or the 41 series...but we saw for the 15c and it happened!! And the 12c is still in production!!!
Uncertified signatures, and with no commitment to buy, mean almost nothing.
It happened and... stopped again soon after.

(11-02-2018 03:51 AM)Jlouis Wrote:  But let's not start it again, right?

Just stop praising the landscape format and I will stay silent. Ok? Wink

Oh, and this is all tongue-in-cheek, of course. Sorry if I bother you with my comments.

My best wishes from Milan!

C'mon Massimo, you will never bother me, on the contrary, you are very helpfull and with good humour.

I think I forgot to put the smiley!

Cheers!

P.S. which doesn't mean that I am not right Smile Smile
11-03-2018, 07:37 PM
(10-29-2018 12:56 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Calcaholic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)