Hp 50 pc connectivity
11-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Hp 50 pc connectivity
I am trying to connect my hp 50 with a Windows 10 64bit laptop pc. I tried connecting with connx4 & used this method -> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjcOzopFFzg -to get windows 10 to allow usb driver installation. Yet this doesn’t seem to work.

Perhaps I need a different/updated version of this connectivity software to get it to work. Where can this be downloaded?

What else should be tried /avoided?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2018, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2018 04:59 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: Hp 50 pc connectivity
(11-04-2018 03:23 PM)Alfon Wrote:  I am trying to connect my hp 50 with a Windows 10 64bit laptop pc. I tried connecting with connx4 & used this method -> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjcOzopFFzg -to get windows 10 to allow usb driver installation. Yet this doesn’t seem to work.

Perhaps I need a different/updated version of this connectivity software to get it to work. Where can this be downloaded?

What else should be tried /avoided?

That method is correct and generally works fine. Also, it's a pretty good video, so thanks for sharing that link.

After disabling signed-driver installation as explained in the video, did your driver installation behave exactly as seen in the video? Can't hurt to restart W10 PC too.

If not, then where did you get the driver pkg you are trying to install? I believe the lastest known-good pkg is still available on HP's website, but is also available at hpcalc.com, here: https://www.hpcalc.org/details/7168. The latest version of conn4x is Ver 2.3 Build 2439, als available on hpcalc.com if needed.

If drivers did install as seen in the video, but the 50g still will not connect, I would check the cable; any mini- (not micro-) USB cable should work, though always use the cable with best shielding (this generally mans the thickest wire) available. Also, be sure the 50g batteries are healthy; if charge state is unknown, I would replace them, even if the low-bat annunciator is not on.

--Bob Prosperi
11-04-2018, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2018 06:51 PM by Alfon.)
Thanks for your response. Here was my problem : when I originally tried downloading the latest version of the file from hpcalc, I ran the exe file, which then showed up on my screen as extracting but installation did not prompt and no errors or warnings appeared nothing happened.. So I used an older version which did not work.

I tried it again (running the exe file from hpcalc) but this time used the right click on mouse ‘run as administrator ‘ option and voila after file extraction occurred(showed this as happening on screen) the set up menu appeared and installed successfully.

Now my problem is how to enable driver signature enforcement back?
11-04-2018, 08:47 PM
(11-04-2018 06:49 PM)Alfon Wrote:  Now my problem is how to enable driver signature enforcement back?

That is reset each time you boot; in other words suspending the requirement for drivers to be signed only lasts for that particular session, and the normal default condition (wherein signed drivers are required) is restored upon the next boot.

This restriction (and temporary relaxation via the method in the video) only limits the installation of drivers, not use of installed drivers. So once the drivers are installed, there is no need to maintain this setting, so Windows reverts to it's default mode upon the next startup, with no impact on using this drivers previously installed.

TL;DR - It's already back to the normal setting. Smile

--Bob Prosperi
11-05-2018, 04:02 AM
(11-04-2018 08:47 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(11-04-2018 06:49 PM)Alfon Wrote:  Now my problem is how to enable driver signature enforcement back?
That is reset each time you boot; in other words suspending the requirement for drivers to be signed only lasts for that particular session, and the normal default condition (wherein signed drivers are required) is restored upon the next boot.

You can reset it permanently.

In a command windows with admin privileges, execute this command:

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on

then reboot. From now on at every reboot, signed driver enforcement is disabled. To turn it back on, use the command

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks off

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)