HP 35s Help
12-10-2018, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2018 08:21 AM by bkcollins11.)
HP 35s Help
Hello all,
I have a program originally written for a 32s and Im trying to use it to program a 35s, but having problems with the polar function. Any help would be greatly apprectiated. I have attached a copy of the program

Attached File(s)
.pdf  hp 33 program.pdf (Size: 2.91 MB / Downloads: 23)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2018, 02:18 PM
RE: HP 35 Help
(12-10-2018 03:21 AM)bkcollins11 Wrote:  Hello all,
I have a program originally written for a 32s and Im trying to use it to program a 35s, but having problems with the polar function. Any help would be greatly apprectiated. I have attached a copy of the program

It would be easier to help if you could explain more specifically what kind of problem you are having.

However, note that the 35S does not have direct POLAR <-> RECT conversion functions built-in; they can be done on a 35S by analogous conversion using real/imaginary number pairs, so you probably can adapt the 32S program to juggle the stack to achieve the same conversion. See p. 4-10 in the 35S Owner's Manual.

--Bob Prosperi
12-10-2018, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2018 06:24 PM by Dieter.)
(12-10-2018 03:21 AM)bkcollins11 Wrote:  I have a program originally written for a 32s and Im trying to use it to program a 35s, but having problems with the polar function.

I would have been helpful if the subject stated the correct model you are requesting help for. The HP35 was the first scientific calculator in 1972, while in fact your question is about the HP35s from 2007. As this is the forum on a museum website the original HP35 is discussed even more often than the current model. Anyway – I see this is your first post here, so welcome to the forum. ;-)

Looking at the program I can see only one occurence of the rectangular to polar conversion, that's in line D73. I have not analyzed the complete program, but you may try this to replace line D71...D76:

Code:
i          // that's the "i" key with the red letter G on it
RCLx E
RCL+ N
ABS
STO H
LASTx
ARG
STO B

I think this will work. But please try it and report your results here.

BTW, you can also replace line D85...D90 of the original listing with

Code:
RCL B
RMDR
STO B

Finally, I think that step V12 should not be XEQ C. This calls a subroutine from which the program will never return. And the next time program D is run it calls a subroutine from within a subroutine which never returns. So most probably step V12 should read GTO C instead.

Dieter
12-11-2018, 03:06 AM
Thank you Dieter for your help Replacing the lines you suggested fixed my problems.
12-11-2018, 05:21 PM
RE: HP 35S Help
(12-11-2018 03:06 AM)bkcollins11 Wrote:  Thank you Dieter for your help Replacing the lines you suggested fixed my problems.

bkcollins: Is it possible for you (the original poster needs to be the one) to change the Subject of the thread to "HP 35S Help"? The HP 35 is a different calculator, so having it "subjected" wrong means that in searches people will either be missing the thread or finding it when they don't want it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)