HP Prime denigrated by mathclasscalculator.com
12-20-2018, 01:44 PM
HP Prime denigrated by mathclasscalculator.com
Hi all,

I've read a comparison of the prime and the ti nspire cx cas on https://mathclasscalculator.com/index.ph...-prime-v2/
and I can tell you it's totally wrong: he claims that the prime can only draw 3d preselected shapes, among others! I tried to reply in his thread but my comments didn't appear!

If he prefer the ti, it's fine but he doesn't have the right to devalue a product he doesn't know. It's unacceptable and unfair.

It's very important to make the public aware of the prime and its capabilities. Its commercial success will depend on it.

Guy R. KOMAN, hp 50G, hp Prime Rev. C
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2018, 04:02 PM
RE: HP Prime denigrated by mathclasscalculator.com
"The HP Prime, on the other hand, has a full-blown BASIC (the programming language) programming interface. You can create programs that do way more than just take in a number and spit out a number. If you know what you're doing you can create apps like the triangle solver already on the Prime. The only downside of the prime is that there aren't many sources with programs on the internet It can also be pretty hard to learn how to program on the prime if you don't already know how to."

That is so wrong. There are quite some long convoluted programs in the software library section of this very forum.

The conclusion, though, put both systems on the same level.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
12-20-2018, 07:51 PM
"The only downside of the prime is that there aren't many sources with programs on the internet It can also be pretty hard to learn how to program on the prime if you don't already know how to."

Logic fail.
Does this mean that no one knows how to program the prime since you have to know how to program a prime before you learn?
12-20-2018, 08:41 PM
(12-20-2018 07:51 PM)KeithB Wrote:  "The only downside of the prime is that there aren't many sources with programs on the internet It can also be pretty hard to learn how to program on the prime if you don't already know how to."

Logic fail.
Does this mean that no one knows how to program the prime since you have to know how to program a prime before you learn?

How can you know what you don't know, when you don't know that you don't know?
(Practice, practice, practice, because that's what mistakes were made for!)
12-21-2018, 01:19 AM
Maybe he is paid by TI?
12-21-2018, 09:46 AM
(12-20-2018 01:44 PM)Komanguy Wrote:  I've read a comparison of the prime and the ti nspire cx cas on https://mathclasscalculator.com/index.ph...-prime-v2/
and I can tell you it's totally wrong: he claims that the prime can only draw 3d preselected shapes, among others! I tried to reply in his thread but my comments didn't appear!

I think he might have got it confused with the Casio fx-CG50 whose 3D app could only draw preselected shapes when originally released.

— Ian Abbott
12-21-2018, 08:52 PM
(12-20-2018 08:41 PM)DrD Wrote:  
(12-20-2018 07:51 PM)KeithB Wrote:  "The only downside of the prime is that there aren't many sources with programs on the internet It can also be pretty hard to learn how to program on the prime if you don't already know how to."

Logic fail.

How can you know what you don't know, when you don't know that you don't know?
(Practice, practice, practice, because that's what mistakes were made for!)

Absolutely!

Guy R. KOMAN, hp 50G, hp Prime Rev. C

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)