Emulation?
12-30-2018, 04:24 AM
Emulation?
I'm looking for a good emulator for Windows. I have V41, but I'd like to find a new one that has the printer built in, and I need to see that it's compatible with the ROMs, the user code programs, and Application pacs on the HP-41 DVD. Is there a way that I could convert the files in these folders to files that the V41 can accept?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2018, 02:07 PM
RE: Emulation?
(12-30-2018 04:24 AM)ndiniz Wrote:  I'm looking for a good emulator for Windows. I have V41, but I'd like to find a new one that has the printer built in, and I need to see that it's compatible with the ROMs, the user code programs, and Application pacs on the HP-41 DVD. Is there a way that I could convert the files in these folders to files that the V41 can accept?

The latest release of V41, V9 from Christoph Giesselink, supports loading .ROM modules and user code files (not new) but has added the ability to connect to virtual HP-IL, so you can add a virtual printer (so you can 'print' output, then copy/paste to an editor to file, print, etc.). As always, V41 is available from TOS, just search for V41 or click on "what's new", and the new V41 was added on Nov 5th, 2018. I don't believe there is a more capable 41 emulator available for Windows.

--Bob Prosperi
12-30-2018, 02:45 PM
RE: Emulation?
I installed V9 from the site, but when I try to run V41R9, I get this:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)