HP41 Battery contacts compatibility between model variants
05-03-2023, 03:14 PM
HP41 Battery contacts compatibility between model variants
Hi, just wondering if the part (A4 / PN 00041-60008) that has both the flex with the battery contacts and also the four I/O ports is the same in all variants of the HP41 (plain, C, CV, CX), and so should be fully interchangeable? From what I have seen in the not very good scan of the HP41 service manual I have, it appears that indeed all variants seem to use the same part, but wanted to make sure before going any further.

I have a damaged battery contact courtesy of a "brand new" alkaline cell (chinese made -its tough to get any decent brand N cells these days) that was left just barely 3 months inside the calculator and ate away the negative side of an otherwise pristine set of contacts. So was thinking of buying a 41 parts unit to take the affected part from.

On the other hand, anyone have one of these contacts in good shape to sell? Probably a very long shot, but wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2023, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2023 03:33 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
RE: HP41 Battery contacts compatibility between model variants
(05-03-2023 03:14 PM)calc-calcs Wrote:  Hi, just wondering if the part (A4 / PN 00041-60008) that has both the flex with the battery contacts and also the four I/O ports is the same in all variants of the HP41 (plain, C, CV, CX), and so should be fully interchangeable? From what I have seen in the not very good scan of the HP41 service manual I have, it appears that indeed all variants seem to use the same part, but wanted to make sure before going any further.

I have a damaged battery contact courtesy of a "brand new" alkaline cell (chinese made -its tough to get any decent brand N cells these days) that was left just barely 3 months inside the calculator and ate away the negative side of an otherwise pristine set of contacts. So was thinking of buying a 41 parts unit to take the affected part from.

On the other hand, anyone have one of these contacts in good shape to sell? Probably a very long shot, but wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks.

The Calculator Store sells both spare contacts and assembled modules

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2023, 03:53 PM
(05-03-2023 03:33 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  The Calculator Store sells both spare contacts and assembled modules

Interesting, thanks for the links.
From where are they shipping? I see the prices shown include VAT which does not apply to me as they are shipping to the US.
05-03-2023, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2023 04:15 PM by calc-calcs.)
(05-03-2023 03:33 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  The Calculator Store sells both spare contacts and assembled modules

UPDATE: disregard, message finally went through.
======================================

Just tried sending a question about the part, filled out the form and clicked the send button, but the same form filled with my information just keeps coming up afterwards with no real confirmation that the message was actually sent. Anyone know if this is the normal behavior of this "ask a question" contact form?
05-03-2023, 04:28 PM
(05-03-2023 03:53 PM)calc-calcs Wrote:  From where are they shipping?

Spain

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2023, 04:59 PM
(05-03-2023 04:28 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(05-03-2023 03:53 PM)calc-calcs Wrote:  From where are they shipping?

Spain

Thank you. I actually saw a physical address listed in Spain (Barcelona) on the calculator repair service section, along with a direct email. Waiting for them to respond to my earlier message about buying without VAT from outside the EU, otherwise guess I will have to try sending a direct email to that address.
05-03-2023, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2023 06:07 PM by AndiGer.)
If you are looking for the I/O flex only and put it to the holder yourself just send Diego a mail or PM. Can recommend his spare part.
Or see his site https://clonix41.org/
Mail contact in the lower.
https://clonix41.org/Maintenance/IO_Block/IO_Block.htm
Andi
05-03-2023, 06:57 PM
(05-03-2023 06:04 PM)AndiGer Wrote:  If you are looking for the I/O flex only and put it to the holder yourself just send Diego a mail or PM. Can recommend his spare part.
Or see his site https://clonix41.org/
Mail contact in the lower.
https://clonix41.org/Maintenance/IO_Block/IO_Block.htm
Andi

Yes thank you, I saw the flex alone also being offered at The CalculatorStore as well, but was wondering how critical it will be to get all those folds exactly right without breaking anything in the process specially if ...ooops got to undo and redo one of the folds, etc.

Also since so far nobody has mentioned anything about the compatibility of this part for all model variants of the HP41, I will assume all variants use the exact same design, and it is totally interchangeable.
05-03-2023, 07:40 PM
The dotted lines Diego added compared to v1 (you had to punch yourself) guide you directly to the aim
05-03-2023, 07:48 PM
Yes that sounds helpful. Thanks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)