The HP "Portable Paper"
05-02-2014, 07:38 PM
The HP "Portable Paper"
Any other subscribers? This was a GREAT publication run out of Iowa by some very good people.

I was featured in it back in the late 1980s. Back then, I designed a portable solar array that allowed the HP110/ 110+ (but not the glow worm) to run indefinitely without a charger. Very popular.

The modified 110s were christened The Nomad as they never needed an external power supply.

Anyway Th portable paper also dealt with handhelds etc. Would like to know what happened to those folks.

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 01:55 AM
RE: The HP "Portable Paper"
Quote:Would like to know what happened to those folks.

You must be referring to Hal Goldstein, who is located in Fairfield IA. In the 1990s, he produced the Palmtop Paper which covered the 95LX/100LX/200LX and after that, he did some general publications called "Handheld PC Magazine", "Pocket PC Magazine" and "Smartphone and Pocket PC". His website is http://www.thaddeus.com.

Jake
05-03-2014, 02:02 AM
That's the guy!
05-03-2014, 02:20 AM
Coincidently, I contacted Hal Goldstein a couple of weeks ago regarding old copies of the Portable Paper and the Subscriber's Disks. He said that he had just thrown out a bunch of stuff (hopefully no 2MB Memory Drawers) and would let me know if he finds anything else Portable PLUS related.

Dave

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)