pyILPER Beta2 with HP-75 support
01-31-2019, 06:13 PM
pyILPER Beta2 with HP-75 support
I'd like to announce the second beta of pyILPER which now has full terminal support for the HP-75 (display and keyboard). If you do not own such a device do not give up hope. pyILPER interacts nicely with the excellent HP-75 emulator of J.F. Garnier running on a DOSBox. See the start up documentation of pyILPER how to connect.

See the full changelog for this beta on the pyILPER release page

Regards
Joachim
[/php]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: pyILPER Beta2 with HP-75 support
I am very new to pyILPER but find it very easy to use, but I wonder if it is possible to turn off or alter the keyboard translations in place. Until recently I had been using software with a ISA bus HPIL card that did not translate the PC keystrokes, and that works fine because both the 71B and 75 have facilities built in to deal with keyboard translations, and I had set them up to my liking and it would be nice if I could continue to do that. I did look at at the source code, but I know nothing of python so I was not able to determine how to turn off or alter the keyboard translations.
04-11-2019, 07:57 AM
The keystrokes of function keys within pyILPER are 32 bit integer constants defined within the Qt widget toolkit. However the "KEYBOARD IS" commands on the HP-71 or HP-75 need escape sequences for keyboard mapping. I think you are looking for a pyILPER keyboard mapping that is compatible which the HP-IL Link software generates.

Am I right?
04-11-2019, 02:20 PM
(04-11-2019 07:57 AM)jsi Wrote:  The keystrokes of function keys within pyILPER are 32 bit integer constants defined within the Qt widget toolkit. However the "KEYBOARD IS" commands on the HP-71 or HP-75 need escape sequences for keyboard mapping. I think you are looking for a pyILPER keyboard mapping that is compatible which the HP-IL Link software generates.

Am I right?

The software I was using is Link Plus and it seems what the software would do is for any of the "extended" ASCII codes sent by the keyboard, the first byte of 00 was replaced by an escape char 0x1B.

Paul.
04-12-2019, 08:16 AM
The keyboard mapping in pyILPER is table driven. You find them in the file pilkeymap.py. There is a table for the HP-71 and another for the HP-75 keyboard mapping. You could try to modify one of these tables but the file will be overwritten by the next software update or will change in further versions of the program.

At the moment I have no planning to support custom keyboard configurations because this requires users to properly configure the keyboard mapping both in pyILPER and on the calculator which might be tricky.
04-12-2019, 12:13 PM
(04-12-2019 08:16 AM)jsi Wrote:  The keyboard mapping in pyILPER is table driven. You find them in the file pilkeymap.py. There is a table for the HP-71 and another for the HP-75 keyboard mapping. You could try to modify one of these tables but the file will be overwritten by the next software update or will change in further versions of the program.

At the moment I have no planning to support custom keyboard configurations because this requires users to properly configure the keyboard mapping both in pyILPER and on the calculator which might be tricky.
I took a look at pilkeymap.py and it looks pretty straight forward I will give it a go.
04-12-2019, 08:18 PM
If you need a key name not used in the pilkeymap.py file you find it in this Qt documentation. Please mind to use the Python namespace definition "QtCore.Qt".

Please contact me if you encounter any problems.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)