newRPL dumb question
02-17-2019, 01:00 PM
newRPL dumb question
Dumb question but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Do the 39/40gs versions of the newRPL ROMS adapt to the different key layouts of these machines (or does it think they are 50Gs)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2019, 06:38 PM
RE: newRPL dumb question
I think 50g style layout is better and (only?) way to go.
39gs layout is more suited to ALG mode.

I used a sticker found from cncalc.org:
[Image: 222654rgzevs6vt8hw8poq.png]
02-18-2019, 03:52 AM
(02-17-2019 01:00 PM)BruceH Wrote:  Dumb question but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Do the 39/40gs versions of the newRPL ROMS adapt to the different key layouts of these machines (or does it think they are 50Gs)?

I would have no problem creating a specific layout for these machines, but I don't have them so I need help to place every single command and action on the keyboard. For now it behaves exactly as if it was a 50g.
02-18-2019, 04:09 AM
Claudio - May you please point to where should it be changed in the code (so I can tinker with it)?

BTW, it is about 17USD in Aliexpress now: http://s.aliexpress.com/I7NBjuMB

Personally I’m using both a 50g and a 39gs and have memorized the keys.

Without question, a 39gs from China using NewRPL creates the best price/performance RPL calculator (and even RPN) ever. Highly recommended.
02-18-2019, 07:11 PM
(02-18-2019 04:09 AM)yoeljacobsen Wrote:  Claudio - May you please point to where should it be changed in the code (so I can tinker with it)?

BTW, it is about 17USD in Aliexpress now: http://s.aliexpress.com/I7NBjuMB

Personally I’m using both a 50g and a 39gs and have memorized the keys.

Without question, a 39gs from China using NewRPL creates the best price/performance RPL calculator (and even RPN) ever. Highly recommended.

If you look at hal_keyboard.c you'll find somewhere in the middle there's a huge table with all the key assignments. It should be readable enough to do some remaps. We can have alternative tables within #ifdef statements for the different machines.
02-24-2019, 10:14 AM
Yoel: Please keep me up-to-date (by posting here or pm) on your progress. I would be keen to try and re-flash the ROM. And thanks for that link: at that price they are too good to pass up.

Claudio: Thanks also for your replies - most helpful.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)