03-24-2019, 05:02 PM
fonctions trigo
Bonjour
Je n'ai pas trouvé comment forcé la valeur d'un angle dans une unité différente
du mode actuel.
Par exemple en Ti Basic :
Code:

cos(a°)
calculera le cosinus de a en degrés quelque soit le réglage du mode angulaire.
Cela peut être utile pour des fonctions utilisant les SIN, COS ou autres évitant d'avoir
à tester le réglage actuel, le modifier puis le restaurer.

Hello
I did not find how forced the value of an angle in a different unit
of the current mode.
For example in Ti Basic:
Code:

cos(a°)
will calculate the cosine of a in degrees regardless of the angular mode setting.
This can be useful for functions using SIN, COS or others that avoid having
to test the current setting, modify it and then restore it.

Sorry for my english
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2019, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2019 06:01 PM by grsbanks.)
RE: fonctions trigo
(03-24-2019 05:02 PM)Tyann Wrote:  Je n'ai pas trouvé comment forcé la valeur[…]

My pet hate in French!!!

A lot of French think that forcé, forcer and forçais are all pronounced the same way and therefore when writing phonetically instead of actually thinking about the meaning of the word, don't know which one to use. Well, they're not pronounced the same. There are slight differences in the "acuteness" of the final syllable. Ask Bernard Pivot Smile

Using, in this case, a past participle in place of the infinitive that should have been used is necessarily going to lead to, at best, an incorrect translation or, at worst, the translator trying to figure out what you were trying to say in the first place instead of trying to translate it.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box.

Anyway, TTBOMK there is no angle mode override function on the Prime.
03-24-2019, 06:20 PM
With previous models like the HP 48 and HP 50g it is possible.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2019, 08:17 PM
You can do COS(60_deg) or COS(A*1_deg) in "HOME" Smile , but not in "CAS" Sad . Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde strikes again!

COS(A_deg) doesn't work because A_deg is treated as a variable name.

— Ian Abbott
03-25-2019, 02:39 AM
As shown, those things work.

It is so incredibly easy to change the angle setting, I've never personally missed it.

Tap the top right corner, tap your angle mode. Done! Big Grin

Now if you are mixing angle types that is a different thing.... seems a recipe to mess something up though.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-25-2019, 05:46 AM
(03-24-2019 08:17 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  You can do COS(60_deg) or COS(A*1_deg) in "HOME" Smile , but not in "CAS" Sad . Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde strikes again!

COS(A_deg) doesn't work because A_deg is treated as a variable name.

Merci, c'est exactement ce que je cherchais.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Sorry for my english
03-25-2019, 05:50 AM
(03-25-2019 02:39 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  As shown, those things work.

It is so incredibly easy to change the angle setting, I've never personally missed it.

Tap the top right corner, tap your angle mode. Done! Big Grin

Now if you are mixing angle types that is a different thing.... seems a recipe to mess something up though.

Bonjour Tim

Il y a quelques programmes, fonctions qui sont parfois publiés qui ne fonctionnent pas correctement si le réglage de l'angle n'est pas le bon !

Hello Tim

There are some programs, functions that are sometimes published that do not work properly if the angle setting is not right!

Sorry for my english
03-25-2019, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2019 07:04 AM by Tugdual.)
(03-24-2019 06:00 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  
(03-24-2019 05:02 PM)Tyann Wrote:  Je n'ai pas trouvé comment forcé la valeur[…]

My pet hate in French!!!

A lot of French think that forcé, forcer and forçais are all pronounced the same way and therefore when writing phonetically instead of actually thinking about the meaning of the word, don't know which one to use. Well, they're not pronounced the same. There are slight differences in the "acuteness" of the final syllable. Ask Bernard Pivot Smile

Using, in this case, a past participle in place of the infinitive that should have been used is necessarily going to lead to, at best, an incorrect translation or, at worst, the translator trying to figure out what you were trying to say in the first place instead of trying to translate it.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box.

Anyway, TTBOMK there is no angle mode override function on the Prime.
Touché my friend. Phonetically I can’t make any difference in between forcé and forcer reason why the trick if any hesitation is to use 3rd group verbs such as prendre and try the same sentence.
This being said language is often ruined by computers nowadays, I found myself sending past for infinitive in many occasions thanks to the clever fix from tablets and iPhone.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)