[Bug]ran out of RAM during transforming files
04-19-2019, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2019 12:09 AM by Dave Hicks.)
[Bug]ran out of RAM during transforming files
Recently,I try to transform some large files into my Prime V2 ,but something went wrong . I don't know why after I finished transforming and a long loading , it just told me "Out of Memory",?
It really made me crazy these days , is it because the OS && connectivity kit?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2019, 01:59 AM
RE: [Bug]ran out of RAM during transforming files
(04-19-2019 11:51 PM)pvp100288840 Wrote:  Recently,I try to transform some large files into my Prime V2 ,but something went wrong . I don't know why after I finished transforming and a long loading , it just told me "Out of Memory",?

What kind of files were they and how large were they?

It probably simply did exactly what it said, and did not have enough memory to process the file, assuming it was a .hppl program file. Can you break the source file into several smaller files and try to download them one at a time?

--Bob Prosperi
04-20-2019, 04:49 AM
(04-20-2019 01:59 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(04-19-2019 11:51 PM)pvp100288840 Wrote:  Recently,I try to transform some large files into my Prime V2 ,but something went wrong . I don't know why after I finished transforming and a long loading , it just told me "Out of Memory",?

What kind of files were they and how large were they?

It probably simply did exactly what it said, and did not have enough memory to process the file, assuming it was a .hppl program file. Can you break the source file into several smaller files and try to download them one at a time?
They are about 2,000 jpg files,I used script to process a video into pictures so that I can view it on calculator.
So,I have to divide them into several parts.
The connectivity Kit is just a toy,which is the worst as far as I know!
04-20-2019, 07:24 AM
(04-20-2019 04:49 AM)pvp100288840 Wrote:  
(04-20-2019 01:59 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  ..
They are about 2,000 jpg files,I used script to process a video into pictures so that I can view it on calculator.
@pvp100288840
You probably used the wrong shelf row in the electronics market.
A smartphone would have been more useful for your needs.
04-20-2019, 08:20 AM
(04-20-2019 04:49 AM)pvp100288840 Wrote:  They are about 2,000 jpg files,I used script to process a video into pictures so that I can view it on calculator.

Err... You're trying to view a video on a calculator and because the ConnKit is struggling it's just a toy?

I was having a similar problem with my microwave. It completely fried the DVD in it that I was trying to watch.
04-20-2019, 01:35 PM
(04-20-2019 04:49 AM)pvp100288840 Wrote:  
(04-20-2019 01:59 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  What kind of files were they and how large were they?

Sorry, I thought there could be a real issue here.

I'll just move along...

--Bob Prosperi
04-20-2019, 02:46 PM
"if you only have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."
04-20-2019, 10:14 PM
(04-20-2019 02:46 PM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  "if you only have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

Or in this case. "if you have 2000 nails, every tool looks like a hammer". Smile
04-21-2019, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2019 04:22 AM by Tim Wessman.)
The reason it runs out of memory is because to successfully send file from the connkit it uses about 3x the size of the total content. 1) for the incoming data 2) to decompress the zip compressed data sent 3) the write the data to permanent location. 2000 images is going to be a lot of data.... Out of curiosity, how much is it?

We never really intended people loading pron vids as image stacks onto the calculator.... Sorry.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-01-2019, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2019 08:44 AM by pvp100288840.)
(04-21-2019 04:20 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  The reason it runs out of memory is because to successfully send file from the connkit it uses about 3x the size of the total content. 1) for the incoming data 2) to decompress the zip compressed data sent 3) the write the data to permanent location. 2000 images is going to be a lot of data.... Out of curiosity, how much is it?

We never really intended people loading pron vids as image stacks onto the calculator.... Sorry.

Well,I see...I just want to ....make a demo ....to show this calculator's ability...
But I'd never met this case before, even on my PDA.
The size of these files may up to 30MB,so I have to divide it into part。
PS: I found that at some moment which has a small amount time redundancy , the video plays slower (like VNC's compression algorithm).Why?
PPSS:why HP doesn't release SDK for prime so that we could dance without leg irons?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)