Set up G2
07-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Set up G2
I just got a G2 at Best Buy. Will it connect through my existing Prime Connectivity Kit or do I need to download something else?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2019, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 06:49 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: Set up G2
A G2 Prime is compatible with the current ConnKit, so it should work the same as your older Prime.

Did you get the G2 at a BestBuy in USA? First I've heard they have it.

Update: My local BB has them in stock too!

--Bob Prosperi
07-02-2019, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 07:09 PM by harryp.)
I knew the product number of the G2 and for the past few months I've bounced between Amazon / Staples / Best Buy. I checked yesterday and Best Buy was showing it. They had the previous versions clearance for $119 and the new one for $149. I just had to check on the rack, they had the older ones in front of the G2, but I found the new ones and bought one. So, I guess they are seeping into the US now. They only had two in stock, I got one of them, after hurtling down the road at 115mph and crashing through the plate glass door at Best Buy.
07-03-2019, 04:44 AM
(07-02-2019 06:47 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  A G2 Prime is compatible with the current ConnKit, so it should work the same as your older Prime.

Finally, you'll get some use out of the wireless dongles I sent your way!

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
07-03-2019, 01:10 PM
(07-03-2019 04:44 AM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  
(07-02-2019 06:47 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  A G2 Prime is compatible with the current ConnKit, so it should work the same as your older Prime.

Finally, you'll get some use out of the wireless dongles I sent your way!

The thought had occurred to me... and unless pesky clients get in the way, I'll have a wireless 4th of July. Hey, we all celebrate in different ways...

I don't expect to ever need warranty service on my Prime, but wanted to have a unit intended for the US market. Will report exact contents once in hand.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)