Were Singapore made HP-32Sii produced with different keycaps?
07-27-2019, 11:01 PM
RE: Were Singapore made HP-32Sii produced with different keycaps?
(07-27-2019 09:53 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  The Calculator Store isn't hosting the files; all the links on that page point back to HP. They do (still) work, so I was able to download all of them. Issue #30 is missing from that index, too, though.

Yes, I realized that after examining the links at TCS's page. Smart way to do it...

After some fiddling, I was able to find the right HP url, it's listed above. I also sent the file and the proper HP link to Jose; he will probably update his page soon.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2019, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2019 02:05 PM by burkhard.)
RE: Were Singapore made HP-32Sii produced with different keycaps?
Thanks Giuseppe, Bob (and Richard Nelson!) for the great references and answer to my question.
I think Richard put it well in his Solve article where he notes that many of us lament the abandonment of the double-shot keys, but with the market changing and costs further driven down, it was something even an experienced expert in it like HP couldn't retain and remain in business.

As an engineer myself, I do enjoy the functional design and "design for manufacturing" articles featured in those old HP Journal magazines. It's marketing of course, but engineers marketing to engineers via real technical information, not puffery. You can't help but see they took a lot of pride in their work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)