Nice 11-C Find
10-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Nice 11-C Find
Browsing a local antique store yesterday and found this nice, almost mint HP 11-C with case and manual. Seller was asking $64 US. I did a quick Ebay sold listings search and found that near mint calculators with manuals were going for twice that amount or higher.

When I went to check out, the old gentleman behind the counter mentioned that it seemed to be a fairly high price and knocked another 10% off, making it $57.40 total.

Popped new batteries in it after I got home and it works great. It has a couple minor scratches in the aluminum faceplate. It had one rubber foot missing, but I found it inside the case and reattached it.

[Image: i-v6KrVN5-L.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2019, 04:05 PM
RE: Nice 11-C Find
Hello and have a nice day,

a hp 11c was and still is my first HP calculator. My wife has given me this beautiful piece of technology and I still use it every day.

Roland
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2019, 12:00 AM
RE: Nice 11-C Find
(10-06-2019 01:05 PM)Xorand Wrote:  Browsing a local antique store yesterday and found this nice, almost mint HP 11-C with case and manual.

Congratulations on such a serendipitous find !

I was presented with a then newly released HP-11C almost 40 years ago, carried it to Africa with me, and it still looks and works as new after all these years. People there tried to buy it from me but I'd never sell it.

Have a look at this PDF article I wrote praising its many virtues and featuring a program for it to easily do a complex mathematical task:
Long Live the HP-11C !

Enjoy it ! Smile

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)