Very Wierd Behavior CLUPDATE
10-07-2019, 10:58 PM
Very Wierd Behavior CLUPDATE
Hi,

I updated my CL machine to the latest update yesterday. I do this every time an update comes up. And for the very first time ever, in years, my HDD gave me a warning...
CRITICALLY LOW SPACE
Upon checking everything, I realized that the CLUPDATE.LOG was over 220Gb!! After deleting it, my drive had the normal amount of space left as usual...

Anyone else had that issue? iMac user here.

Cheers

Engineer & Senior IT Executive
2x HP41CL, HP41CX, HP48GX, HP50g, 2x82162A Printer, 2x82143A Printer, 2x HP-IL, 2x Card-Readers, PIL-BOX.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2019, 12:41 PM
RE: Very Wierd Behavior CLUPDATE
I will look into this tonight. (GMT-4h)
Sylvain
10-08-2019, 04:09 PM
(10-08-2019 12:41 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  I will look into this tonight. (GMT-4h)
Sylvain

Thank you Sylvain. (GMT +1)

2x HP41CL, HP41CX, HP48GX, HP50g, 2x82162A Printer, 2x82143A Printer, 2x HP-IL, 2x Card-Readers, PIL-BOX.
10-09-2019, 12:25 AM
Hello Neve,

I just checked the embedded log4j2.xml configuration file for the logging library in the Java application and it is set to overwrite the log file at each program execution.
The current logging level is either set to error or warn which should generate almost no log if any.

Also, if you have a log4j2.xml file in your update directory, deleting it will allow the application to use the embedded default configuration file.

If you see your log file starting to increase again, please contact me or post here and I will investigate further.

Sylvain
10-09-2019, 05:11 AM
(10-09-2019 12:25 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Hello Neve,

I just checked the embedded log4j2.xml configuration file for the logging library in the Java application and it is set to overwrite the log file at each program execution.
The current logging level is either set to error or warn which should generate almost no log if any.

Also, if you have a log4j2.xml file in your update directory, deleting it will allow the application to use the embedded default configuration file.

If you see your log file starting to increase again, please contact me or post here and I will investigate further.

Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

Yes, I have deleted it. Next time an update pops up, I will check it and report back.
This is the very first time this actually happened...

Thanks

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)