New platen rubber for HP 9120A printer
10-11-2019, 04:38 AM
New platen rubber for HP 9120A printer
I'm working with JJ Short (jjshort.com) to produce new rubber platen covers for the 9120A printer that sits on top of the 9100 calculator.

They will mold and grind a rubber tube that is glued to the steel platen cylinder after the original decomposed rubber is removed. There is a one-time charge to create the mold and then piece charges for each tube that is molded and precision ground to finished size. Material will be black nitrile rubber in the 40 to 80 Shore A range; the material choice is based on their experience with similar printer platens. Tubes will be supplied cut to proper length and ready to install.

The setup charge is $75 dollars; after that pricing is based on the total number of tubes ordered -
3 pieces @ $30.00 each + $75/3 = $55.00 each
6 pieces @ $20.00 each + $75/6 = $32.50 each
9 pieces @ $18.90 each + $75/9 = $27.23 each

I already know I will need two. It would be great if we could get up to 6 pieces.
Please let me know if you're interested in one or more of these replacements - I'd like to order in a few weeks (November 1) if possible.

The above prices do not include shipping but the tubes will be small and light items so even international shipping shouldn't be too expensive.
--

Jack
http://www.computerarium.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)