(42S) Black-Scholes Program for HP 42S
05-23-2014, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2017 01:36 PM by Gene.)
(42S) Black-Scholes Program for HP 42S

.pdf  BSCHOLES.pdf (Size: 59.3 KB / Downloads: 142) A Black-Scholes program for HP 42S.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: Black-Scholes Program for HP 42S
(05-23-2014 11:08 AM)Ender Wrote:  A Black-Scholes program for HP 42S.

Very nice documentation!!

As for the application, I hope to never need to use this, let alone hoping to never need another mortgage, but will key it in just to see the menus in action.

Do you have some way of auto-generating the nice source listing, or is it just the old-fashioned way, by hand? Either way, some of the nicest docs I've seen, so just wanted to pass that along.

--Bob Prosperi
05-24-2014, 04:28 AM
Thank you for the kind words. I have written a number of programs for HP calculators, principally for the 41 series but never got around to documenting them. These programs fell into disuse after a while and when I picked them up again, I forgot how to use them LOL. This got me into thinking of doing a companion documentation for every program. At least when I need to use the programs again after a break, I can at least know how to input the data, even if I have forgotten the innards of the program.
As for the program steps, I used Free42 to generate a print-out of the program and used the tried and true method of cut and paste to transfer the print-out in a text file format to a MS Word table. Some of the symbols such as the divide sign and others will be lost in translation, and what I did was to global substitute them back. That is all to it.
I believe that for documentation completeness, all the named variables as well as the numbered registers in the program should be documented as well to avoid conflicts across programs. I haven't got around to doing this yet. And of course program line commenting is useful but I find writing comment lines in a RPN program quite daunting and so haven't got round to doing it . Maybe some of the more experienced programmers in the forum can point me in the right direction.
05-24-2014, 10:56 AM
I tried earlier but couldn't attach a raw file to my post. I now rename the raw to rrr and hopefully it will show. Oops. The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type. Now changing rrr to doc and see if it works. OK. It words. Just rename the file back to .raw.

Attached File(s)
.doc  BLKSCH.doc (Size: 1.35 KB / Downloads: 49)
05-24-2014, 11:59 AM
(05-24-2014 10:56 AM)Ender Wrote:  I tried earlier but couldn't attach a raw file to my post. I now rename the raw to rrr and hopefully it will show. Oops. The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type. Now changing rrr to doc and see if it works. OK. It words. Just rename the file back to .raw.

Why not just ZIPping it? ;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Here we go!

Attached File(s)
.zip  BLKSCH.ZIP (Size: 935 bytes / Downloads: 69)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-16-2014, 03:27 PM
(05-23-2014 11:08 AM)Ender Wrote:  A Black-Scholes program for HP 42S.

Very nicely programmed. Bravo!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)