Inaugural meeting of the Hessen HP Calculator group
11-01-2019, 04:40 AM
Inaugural meeting of the Hessen HP Calculator group
It was first reported near the bottom of this thread. Photographs are included.

A fun time was had by those attending. I'm glad I was part of and partly the catalyst for it.

Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2019, 04:43 AM
RE: Inaugural meeting of the Hessen HP Calculator group
As an aside the meeting included individuals who are:
  • the three main authors of the WP 34S;
  • thus far the major developers of the WP 43S and
  • two of the three people recreating the classic, Woodstock and spice hardware.
11-01-2019, 06:39 AM
From the pics it looks like you had a great time. Too bad I didn't know about that gathering, I would have liked to join (if it was free attendance of course).

ÁM
11-01-2019, 10:18 PM
(11-01-2019 04:40 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  It was first reported near the bottom of this thread. Photographs are included.

A fun time was had by those attending. I'm glad I was part of and partly the catalyst for it.

Pauli

I really enjoyed the meeting. Again, thanks to everyone!

Cheers,
Harald
11-01-2019, 11:44 PM
(11-01-2019 04:40 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  It was first reported near the bottom of this thread. Photographs are included.

Pauli

Darn! I thought it was a meeting of the Hessians, my ancestors who came over from Hesse-Darmstadt to fight for King George III against the American colonists. Smile

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-02-2019, 12:42 AM
(11-01-2019 11:44 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Darn! I thought it was a meeting of the Hessians, my ancestors who came over from Hesse-Darmstadt to fight for King George III against the American colonists. Smile

Hum, my Scottish colonist ancestors may have fought your Hessian mercenary ones at the Battles of Trenton and Princeton. No hard feelings, I hope!

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
11-02-2019, 02:13 AM
(11-02-2019 12:42 AM)mfleming Wrote:  
(11-01-2019 11:44 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Darn! I thought it was a meeting of the Hessians, my ancestors who came over from Hesse-Darmstadt to fight for King George III against the American colonists. Smile

Hum, my Scottish colonist ancestors may have fought your Hessian mercenary ones at the Battles of Trenton and Princeton. No hard feelings, I hope!

Not at all! Big Grin We've gotten to like this country. My German-ancestry Grandmother helped catch a Nazi spy during WW II

Who decides? I do!

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-02-2019, 02:15 AM
So you see history is, and hopefully future will be less: complicated;-)

-- Ray
11-02-2019, 03:34 AM
(11-01-2019 06:39 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  From the pics it looks like you had a great time. Too bad I didn't know about that gathering, I would have liked to join (if it was free attendance of course).

ÁM

Ángel, my apologies I forgot about you in my rush. You would have been welcomed of course.
It was free to attend although the group lunch at a local restaurant did cost something small.

Maybe next time I'm over we can meet up, assuming I get travel permission with enough forewarning to figure out what I'd like to do apart from the work.

In the meantime, we can hope somebody else to organises another such fun gathering.

Pauli
11-02-2019, 08:17 PM
(10-31-2019 08:12 AM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  
(10-29-2019 09:53 PM)Kinma Wrote:  Harald Overbeek here. It was fantastic meeting you guys!
I second that. It was fun to have you all in my house.

Hey, it was great fun to be your guests. Was a very nice place at you for a dozen people. And three times more calculators were shown around.

Would you like the idea to have the same meeting again next year at the same time. Perhaps Pauli will not travel every year to germany, but others could join in. I will be in again.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
11-03-2019, 05:20 PM
(11-02-2019 08:17 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Would you like the idea to have the same meeting again next year at the same time.

Next year at the same time would clash with Allschwil (assuming that it's happening).
11-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Hello!
(11-03-2019 05:20 PM)BruceH Wrote:  Next year at the same time would clash with Allschwil (assuming that it's happening).

Maybe the meetings could be held on alternating years? For me, the distance would be about the same...

Regards
Max
11-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Even if I am not sure to be invited, i am part of the ones who'd like to have the Hessen meeting and the Basel meeting every two years alternatively…

For example this is year i am missing the Basel meeting (and its cheese fondue)...

Thanks

Giancarlo

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)