HP-41 catalogs
11-03-2019, 01:40 AM
HP-41 catalogs
I wonder what CAT enhancements are in various modules? This because I am in the process of implementing some of my own and would like to have an idea what is already out there.

So far I made a buffer catalog. I have some reimplementations of select standard CAT 1-6 from the old days that I might brush up a bit.

Currently I am thinking of an HP-IL loop catalog showing the devices in the loop. Not sure if that is available and how useful it really is. Perhaps useful when using the PIL-BOX to see how the loop is configured from the HP-41 point of view? In that case they are not physical hardware anymore, so it may make some sense. Any idea or suggestion on what functionality would be useful here?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2019, 02:28 AM
RE: HP-41 catalogs
(11-03-2019 01:40 AM)hth Wrote:  I wonder what CAT enhancements are in various modules? This because I am in the process of implementing some of my own and would like to have an idea what is already out there.

So far I made a buffer catalog. I have some reimplementations of select standard CAT 1-6 from the old days that I might brush up a bit.

Currently I am thinking of an HP-IL loop catalog showing the devices in the loop. Not sure if that is available and how useful it really is. Perhaps useful when using the PIL-BOX to see how the loop is configured from the HP-41 point of view? In that case they are not physical hardware anymore, so it may make some sense. Any idea or suggestion on what functionality would be useful here?

Look at the CCD module for many interesting and useful Catalog extensions. They are described in the original CCD manual of course, but I think Angel's OSX manual does a better job of describing them; included are catalogs for:

Buffers
HP-IL Devices
Directory of HP-IL Media
Pages 8-F
and others

Plus also some extensions for the built-in CX Catalogs (e.g. sticky shift for when SST-ing through CAT-2 so you can keep going backwards without hitting shift- before each key) Assigning functions from the Catalog, Executing functions from the Catalog, etc.

--Bob Prosperi
11-03-2019, 05:58 AM
(11-03-2019 02:28 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Buffers
HP-IL Devices
Directory of HP-IL Media
Pages 8-F
and others

correction: PGCAT lists headers of pages 3-F
11-03-2019, 06:14 AM
This was recently discussed here, but I did not bookmark it and I don't know how to find it. Maybe someone else can.

http://WilsonMinesCo.com (Lots of HP-41 links at the bottom of the links page, http://wilsonminesco.com/links.html )
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2019, 01:27 PM
(11-03-2019 05:58 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(11-03-2019 02:28 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Buffers
HP-IL Devices
Directory of HP-IL Media
Pages 8-F
and others

correction: PGCAT lists headers of pages 3-F

Angel is right (of course!), but I was referring to a different feature.

PGCAT lists which Modules are installed in each page, while CAT-8, CAT-9, CAT-A, etc. show you the CAT-2 type listings of the contents of the Module in that Page.

So you get both features!

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)