Jump to Source
11-05-2019, 12:19 PM
Jump to Source
Hi!

I started playing with my prime again after mounths and, naturally, I forgot far too many things including(!) programs that I typed in.

My question is e.g.: Using the "Vars"-key i can list my cas-programs. If I browse to some function name, say it is named "secret_func". Is there a way to jump to the source file where this particular function "secret_func" had been implemented to look at the code. Or sometimes even to verify what it originally was supposed to do ;-)

Same is valid for user functions or Home-Programs. I no I can call them from Toolbox->User->... but I don't now, where they are.

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: Jump to Source
The only way I can think of is to use the Program listing menu ([Shift], [ 1 ], select program, (Edit))
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2019, 02:49 PM
Thanks so far.
The problem is, that I tend(ed) to put several functions into one file (because one file per function soon messes up the Program Catalog) and ocasionally I cannot remember which file to edit, because both, Toolbox and Vars extract the functions and programs from the source files.

A link or shortcut from function to corresponding Source would be really helpful. (Even I you know were to look for your implementation)
11-05-2019, 03:17 PM
As a workaround: You can install this program: HP Calc Utilities Program Search

Once installed and once you have made yourself familiar with the usage via user keys, it allows you to search for the function name in all programs and outputs the program name and line number together with the match found. The search dialog for searching in all programs can be invoked by keys Shift-Usr Shift-9.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)