CAS
11-07-2019, 08:12 PM
CAS
I haven't been able to find a setting that will tell the CAS to multiply out simple expressions. I wanted things like '1-A'*'1-B'*'1-C' to give 1-A-B-C+AB+AC+BC-ABC and similar expressions. The system seems to alway give a partially factored version.

Am I missing some setting? I've tried EVAL and EXPAND and all sorts of flag settings. I still get partially factored stuff. (I assume I'll just go back to pencil and paper.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2019, 01:13 AM
RE: CAS
If you're talking about the HP 50g, try the FDIST (Fully Distribute) command, which is in the CONVERT REWRITE menu. It sprinkles some unnecessary coefficients of 1 in there, but otherwise it yields the result you're looking for.

If you're talking about the Prime, the simplify() command in its CAS yields what you want, with the terms in standard descending alphabetical order.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2019, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2019 02:20 AM by ttw.)
RE: CAS
(11-08-2019 01:13 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  If you're talking about the HP 50g, try the FDIST (Fully Distribute) command, which is in the CONVERT REWRITE menu. It sprinkles some unnecessary coefficients of 1 in there, but otherwise it yields the result you're looking for.

If you're talking about the Prime, the simplify() command in its CAS yields what you want, with the terms in standard descending alphabetical order.
It's on the 50g. (The Prime is still being used as a paperweight since trying to upgrade the system fried a desktop.)

Thanks for the suggestion. I still can't get things to work.

I tried FDISTRIB. (No FDIST, there is an FDISTRIB and DISTRIB). The multiply things out but still puts in weird parentheses. (I do have the extra parenthesis turned off.)

'1+x'*'1+Y' gives '1+Y+(1*X+Y*X)'
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)