HP Prime: speculations, rumors, facts for the future
11-07-2019, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2019 09:45 AM by leprechaun.)
HP Prime: speculations, rumors, facts for the future
hello fellow HP-enthusiats,

I was wondering about what might be going on at HP-offices concerning their calculators.

Well, I chose the title of this thread on purpose. From pure speculations over rumors which often are quite reliable, to facts that I might have overlooked. Eveything is appreciated.
Although I know that HP won't officially announce or confirm anything, curiousity won.
We got a new Hardware, but the stagnation in the firmware/bugfix section caught my eye.

Are there any rumors or trustworthy information if they work on a major software release? I tend to call it major, because we didn't hear much during the last year? Could it be that there is a new project in progress and the prime reached the end of its (software) evolution?
The thing is, I thought about bying a G2-Version in addition to my physical and Android prime. Ridiculous, of course because I play with it sooo infrequently. But only thinking about more readable keys seemed to be worth it. On the other hand: if the silence on software means that Prime is a dead horse, or better there is something new to come, bying a G2 would make even less sense.

slainte and thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2019, 01:18 PM
RE: HP Prime: speculations, rumors, facts for the future
It is a fact (not a speculation or rumor) that they are busily working on Prime firmware updates again: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13...#pid122514

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2019, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2019 03:32 PM by Tim Wessman.)
If one just happened to download and install a newly released piece of HP Software that has cross platform support on multiple OS stores from either the Windows 10 store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-acc...verviewtab) or on the macOS store (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hp-accesso...8529?mt=12) and happen to peruse into the About->Credits section a few familiar names might stand out.

Where within HP could someone find a team of people that have experience with creating cross platform software available in multiple different software stores, have the ability to work with low level communication protocols and design efficient key and function reprogramming, and just so happen to work within the larger organization in need of a new software application to manage advanced features in HP accessories...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-10-2019, 11:14 AM
HP Prime II with enough RAM (2GB?) and CPU for the full χCAS could be a nice addition to the line.
It could maybe also support Linux dual-boot?
I wonder how Parisse, who seems to be utterly active and extremely keen on teaching higher Math, would react to this proposal?

Many old-timers still alive would love to see a new hp 50g, but I wonder if it would be profitable enough?
11-10-2019, 04:50 PM
If Xerox acquires the HP PC and printer operation, I wonder if they will keep the calculator division or spin it off.
11-10-2019, 05:00 PM
(11-10-2019 04:50 PM)dan_h Wrote:  If Xerox acquires the HP PC and printer operation, I wonder if they will keep the calculator division or spin it off.
A management buy-out
or rather an enthusiasts buy-out.
Just the calculator division.
Is it worth maybe ten million USD?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)