One Question about HP48 GX "SRAM" RamCards
05-25-2014, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 04:57 PM by Antoine M. Couette.)
One Question about HP48 GX "SRAM" RamCards
May 25th, 2014

Hello to all,

Long time no write, long time no discuss.

Just one question to you technical wizards.

I have been using 2Mb RamCards made by CYNOX and wish to purchase such additional 2Mb RamCards (i.e. showing 16 Ports from 2 to 17 included). Apparently CYNOX discontinued such products.

I heard about HP48-GX "SRAM" RamCards, i.e. using new "SRAM" components. And I understand that there are some limitations with these components, namely :

" Chip select limitations of the HP48GX memory addressing designed for the smaller sram ICs makes one port inaccessible when used with larger then 512KB chips. Basically HP48GX can't access first 128K of the memory space. "

In other words, does it make sense to you technical wizards that such 2Mb "SRAM" RamCards can only offer 15 Ports available (2 to 16 included) and can no longer offer the full 16 Ports which could and can be found/addressed/used on earlier "Classical" 2 Mb RamCards, such as the ones earlier manufactered by HP, TDS, CYNOX, and/or other manufacturers ?

Thank you for your Comments here, and

Best Regards

Antoine M. "Kermit" Couëtte
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)