'Help' menu for self-made programs
12-05-2019, 07:03 PM
'Help' menu for self-made programs
Hello all,

It's me again, posting a new question about programming my HP Prime...! I am programming a huge number of math methods for an exam, so I might need to have access to a sort of 'help' menu for each of them, so that I don't forget which kind of inputs/outputs I am expecting!

So my question is, is there any option to access to such self-made help menu in any moment of the execution of my program? So far I've only come up with the idea of displaying it using 'msgbox' command at the beginning of each method, but it would be more useful if there is any other option to access it once a certain button of the calculator is pressed up. Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you in advance, and best regards.
Aitor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2019, 06:02 AM
RE: 'Help' menu for self-made programs
Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no way to "add custom things" to the build in help (we thought about it, but never had time to make it happen)...

However, you can do something similar to what you want using user keys.
User keys lets you change/reprogram the use of a given key. You can then assign to that key a program that has a Help UI, maybe a choose box with one entry per function and a help screen associated with each of them (it can be as simple as a Print command)...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)