Device is stuck
12-05-2019, 07:34 PM
Device is stuck
I never expected this, but the device, the screen, is stuck or very slow to respond. Has tis happened to anyone else and what can I do about it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2019, 07:47 PM
RE: Device is stuck
I add this: if the device is turned on, and I press Shift, then only the Off button seemingly works.
12-05-2019, 07:57 PM
I saw that it might be something with the keyboard being stuck, and that resetting it might help. I saw a few ways. What is the recommended way to keep data?
12-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Is the USB plugged in when you see this slow-down, or just unplugged? I have had it happen occasionally, and it always resolves when I perform a ON+Symb reboot of the calculator.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2019, 09:33 PM
It's unplugged. I tried On & Symb, but this didn't go. Maybe I did it wrong.
12-05-2019, 09:50 PM
The procedure is to hold ON key, then press Symb key, then release both. The screen should go dark as the calculator reboots. If that doesn't work, then paperclip in the reset hole would be next on the list.
12-06-2019, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2019 01:04 PM by HP User.)
Thanks, Jacob.

I accidentally managed to press both simultaneously without holding them (before seeing your post) and it went exactly as you said. (I do suppose that it went like you said, but very quickly.)
12-06-2019, 01:18 PM
I add it certainly diminishes my impression of HP. I overcame the many (button) steps to arrive at something, though it still costs more energy/resources cumulatively, and then there were the poor viewing angles, and now this?

What more should I expect?
12-11-2019, 02:12 PM
I like using the reset "button" in the back of the Prime. I recommend using a small paper clip.
12-11-2019, 09:44 PM
(12-06-2019 01:18 PM)HP User Wrote:  I add it certainly diminishes my impression of HP. I overcame the many (button) steps to arrive at something, though it still costs more energy/resources cumulatively, and then there were the poor viewing angles, and now this?

What more should I expect?

"Always expect unexpected". Smile

Seriously, as much as I was disappointed with the Prime's bugs often times crippling the system, I was pleasantly surprised that it's hard to lose data during those mishaps.
I am not sure about the details, but it looks like Prime creates a flash image of RAM every time is gracefully shuts down, and restores it upon startup, so, in case of unexpected mishap, you lose only your last session. (This is under the assumption that you don't resort to extreme measures, such as "format disk C:" in diagnostic tool.)

Hopefully you regained control over the device by now, and the data loss was minimal to none.

Darius
12-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Yes, no problem anymore.

I wonder how often I should expect this issue. Are there statistics on it?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)