A Different Way to Solve Quadratic Equations
12-09-2019, 11:20 PM
A Different Way to Solve Quadratic Equations
https://www.poshenloh.com/quadratic

Excerpt

"I've recently been thinking about how to explain school math concepts in more thoughtful and interesting ways, while creating my Daily Challenge lessons. One night in September, while brainstorming different ways to think about the quadratic formula, I came up with a simple way to solve quadratic equations that I had never seen before. I was very surprised, as this method was easier to understand than what is typically written in textbooks. Adding this technique as a standard method would directly improve the learning experience for anyone trying to understand this topic, which is part of the regular mathematical curriculum everywhere in the world."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2021, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2021 09:28 AM by floppy.)
RE: A Different Way to Solve Quadratic Equations
my RPN HP41 way..
Quote:LBL 'RAC'
RDN
CHS
ST/ Z
ST+ X
/
STO Z
STO T
X^2
+
SQRT
ST- Z
+
solving a.X² +b.X+c = 0 ?
Quote:c
ENTER
b
ENTER
a
ENTER
XEQ "RAC"
The results X1 and X2 are in the stack X and Y.
Only solution in complex? error will appear.

HP71 4TH/ASM & Multimod, HP41CV/X & Nov64d, PILBOX, HP-IL 821.62A & 64A & 66A, Deb11 64b-PC & PI2 3 4 w/ ILPER, VIDEO80, V41 & EMU71, DM41X, HP75D
04-03-2021, 07:31 AM
RE: A Different Way to Solve Quadratic Equations
... my HP prime way...
In fact a few samples of the many ways of learning about quadratic solving methods whith this calculator-educational-computer !

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)