Emu48 Skins for Android Smartphones I (9:16) - SMART CHARLEMAGNE (4/4)
12-20-2019, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2019 12:15 PM by Giuseppe Donnini.)
Emu48 Skins for Android Smartphones I (9:16) - SMART CHARLEMAGNE (4/4)

( GO BACK TO 3/4 )

E. NOSTALGIA I : TRADITIONAL HP COLORS.

9. GOLD BLUE
10. GOLD COAL

11. ALPHA-GOLD BLUE
12. ALPHA-GOLD COAL

13. PROGRAMMER-GOLD BLUE
14. PROGRAMMER-GOLD COAL

For nostalgics, I designed a sub-theme which replaces the coral orange color of the HP-48SX with the traditional golden tone of earlier HP calculators. This applies to the key labels as well as to the left-shift key itself.

Every skin discussed so far has a corresponding GOLD version, except for SILVERBIRD skins, which—in keeping with the colors of the original HP-41CV—already use golden labels.

[Image: yq1eMzK.png]

F. NOSTALGIA II : VINTAGE AMBER SCREENS.

15. GOLD AMBER
16. ALPHA-GOLD AMBER
17. SILVERBIRD AMBER
18. PROGRAMMER-GOLD AMBER

19. CHARLIE CORAL
20. ALPHA-CHARLIE CORAL
21. PROGRAMMER CORAL

Talking about nostalgia, a glowing amber screen—as used, for example, in the HP Integral PC (electroluminscent) or the IBM P70 (plasma)—is another must. There are two varieties: AMBER, which is designed to be used in conjunction with GOLD and SILVERBIRD faceplates:

[Image: dXzXhc8.png]

and CORAL, which blends in better with the original HP-48SX colors:

[Image: y51HOjK.png]

G. ASTRONOMER'S CORNER.

22. VAMPIRE BLOOD
23. ALPHA-VAMPIRE BLOOD

Finally, for the night sky observers among us, I made a red "backlit" version of the standard calculator, both with and without the alpha keyboard overlay:

[Image: CXiqXc8.png]

[ If someone needs to use SILVERBIRD or PROGRAMMER in the dark (or in a submarine...), the corresponding skins can easily be added. ]

Observations, suggestions, and criticism, are welcome. Gaudete!

( END )

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)