batman equation in advanced graph app
05-27-2014, 09:27 PM
batman equation in advanced graph app
Hi everyone,
yesterday I tried to plot in advanced graph mode the batman equation:
http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/...n-for-real
but I found 2 problems: if I try to plot only the first part: (x/7)^2*sqrt(||x|-3|/(|x|-3))+(y/3)^2*sqrt(|y-3sqrt33/7|/(y-3sqrt33/7))-1=0 (if I made some mistakes please check the link) the plot is incorrect, there are some extra parts( the plot should be like ( ) , the curved parts of the wings, while its more like (| |) ).
Furthermore if I try to plot 2 or more parts (e.g. (f1(x,y))*(f2(x,y))=0 ) I get a weird plot which is neither f1(x,y)=0 nor f2(x,y)=0.
In the plot gallery there are many complicated plots, so why I can't get my batman equation? Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2014, 12:12 AM
RE: batman equation in advanced graph app
There is something strange with the first formula, plus handling the eq in the editor is quite limited (no way to select and move things easily or enclose things, the insert template dialog always go back to the first item instead of remembering the last, the cursor does not follow the entry point, flickers a lot, etc) but removing some parts I got:
[Image: 20140527_200847.jpg]

So I think you can get the batman logo playing yourself as the second message explains in stackexchange rather than copying the first eq
[Image: 20140527_200918.jpg]

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-28-2014, 11:51 PM
As you can see, even the single parts are wrong! The green part in the picture you posted shouldnt have the vertical and horizontal segments, and the violet one should be much shorter! In function app you can get correct plots except for the first part which isnt a y=f(x) so it can't be handled by the function app Sad. I can't understand why the advanced graph app can't handle it (nor it can handle the complete equation) while it can handle the equations of the plot gallery(which are many lines long and are disequations!)
05-28-2014, 11:59 PM
I don't think is the advanced graph app, but doing the entry is painful. As I said I recommend you to begin step/step with your own batman logo, not following that one. You will learn and probably find any "possible bug", if any.

05-29-2014, 12:25 AM
What do you mean? The fact is that I cant get correct even only this part, the green one in your picture:
(x/7)^2*sqrt(||x|-3|/(|x|-3))+(y/3)^2*sqrt(|y-3sqrt33/7|/(y-3sqrt33/7))-1=0
There are vertical and horizontal segments that dont exist!
05-29-2014, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 06:22 AM by eried.)
(05-29-2014 12:25 AM)Gabriel Wrote:  What do you mean? The fact is that I cant get correct even only this part, the green one in your picture:
(x/7)^2*sqrt(||x|-3|/(|x|-3))+(y/3)^2*sqrt(|y-3sqrt33/7|/(y-3sqrt33/7))-1=0
There are vertical and horizontal segments that dont exist!

OK, what I am telling you basically is that you have to start by simple stuff. Save one of the advanced ones. Check the settings, check what happens removing equations.

You can't expect the batman logo just to appear magically, the true batman logo holder must get it with effort and blood.

05-29-2014, 01:32 PM
We are investigating the case with the IEEE floating point 0/0 here with respect to those vertical/horizontal lines there.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)