Hp Connectivity Kit on MacOS Catalina
01-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Hp Connectivity Kit on MacOS Catalina
Hello,
I'm trying to connect Hp Prime with Hp Connectivity Kit on my computer, but the program does not detect my calculator at all.

The program is updated and also the calculator firmware! It is not the first time I connect my calculator so it should work.

Any advice? If the problem is Catalina, what I should do to connect the Hp Prime? I have not any Windows computer, and have issues also with virtual machines!

Thank for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2020, 03:45 PM
RE: Hp Connectivity Kit on MacOS Catalina
I don’t know what kind of mac you have, but I sometimes need to reboot and/or even reset the smc (MacBook 2016, MacBook Air 2019) to make USB operate normally again.
01-05-2020, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2020 05:52 PM by smp.)
In System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy Tab, make sure that the HP Connectivity Kit.app has permission in the Input Monitoring section.

Also, in System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy Tab, make sure that the HP Connectivity Kit.app has permission to access the Documents Folder in the Files & Folders section.

Good luck!

smp
01-05-2020, 11:07 PM
(01-05-2020 03:45 PM)pinkman Wrote:  I don’t know what kind of mac you have, but I sometimes need to reboot and/or even reset the smc (MacBook 2016, MacBook Air 2019) to make USB operate normally again.

Macbook Pro early 2015! I tried to reboot and reset the smc. It does not work at all! If I click on apple logo->"about this mac"->"System report..."->"Hardware"->"USB" the calculator does not even appear there!
01-05-2020, 11:10 PM
(01-05-2020 05:49 PM)smp Wrote:  In System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy Tab, make sure that the HP Connectivity Kit.app has permission in the Input Monitoring section.

Also, in System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy Tab, make sure that the HP Connectivity Kit.app has permission to access the Documents Folder in the Files & Folders section.

Good luck!

smp

Thank you, seems to be ok! Do you manage to use Hp Connectivity Kit on Catalina?
01-05-2020, 11:36 PM
Update:

I tried to plug in Hp Prime in another Mac with Sierra and it does not work: same problem the computer does not detect the calculator... Maybe the problem could be the calculator itself?
01-06-2020, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2020 01:20 AM by rprosperi.)
Are you using the original HP USB cable or a cable that you know 100% for sure is a communication cable and not just a charging cable? They look the same, but the charging cables don't support communication.

If you are not 100% sure of the cable, try connecting to some other (any other) device to verify the cable supports communication, and if successful, try the Prime again.

--Bob Prosperi
01-06-2020, 09:28 AM
(01-06-2020 01:20 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Are you using the original HP USB cable or a cable that you know 100% for sure is a communication cable and not just a charging cable? They look the same, but the charging cables don't support communication.

If you are not 100% sure of the cable, try connecting to some other (any other) device to verify the cable supports communication, and if successful, try the Prime again.

I have tried several cables... tomorrow I am going to try with windows PC. If it will not work the problem will be the calculator itself. If I reset HP Prime is there a possibility to solve my problem?
01-06-2020, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2020 01:54 PM by smp.)
(01-05-2020 11:10 PM)COB160 Wrote:  
(01-05-2020 05:49 PM)smp Wrote:  <...snip...>
Thank you, seems to be ok! Do you manage to use Hp Connectivity Kit on Catalina?

Yes. I don't use it often, but when the calculator needs a charge, I use it to re-synch the time.

I started doubting myself, so I just tried it again. My process went like this:

1. Open HP Connection kit on my MacBook Pro (OS 10.15.2)
2. Connect the Prime via the USB cable and a USB-to-USB-C dongle
3. Turn on the Prime
4. After a short wait, less than a minute, the Prime appears in the CK window

I hope this helps...

smp

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)