DM41X
11-25-2020, 08:56 PM
RE: DM41X
Of course, not a bad idea to express your concerns at the swiss micros forum. The owners frequent the discussion boards over there... ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2020, 10:15 PM
(11-25-2020 08:56 PM)Gene Wrote:  Of course, not a bad idea to express your concerns at the swiss micros forum. The owners frequent the discussion boards over there?

Hi Gene, this company's customers are voicing their concerns on forums and weblogs all over the world since many years, for good reasons. If you read all of this, you will inevitably discover in time that the people in this company are apparently incapable of doing their business according to today's standards. So far that was the reason for me not to buy these devices, there are better ones for less money!

My time is just too valuable to engage in time-consuming discussions on a commercial forum like SwissMicros. The only thing you get there as a typical reaction are unfounded excuses and explanations that only serve to eliminate critical voices by all means. But the truth always comes out in the end, that's the nice thing about the Internet. Wink
11-25-2020, 11:22 PM
Actually, I have and am a registered user at that site.

SwissMicros has appeared to listen very closely to their customers over the years, IMO, or else there would not be the DM-41X or DM-42.

I had been disappointed with the original credit card size units they made years and years ago, but wrote that off to learning curve problems and baby-steps. I think that was proven right over time.

The DM-42 and DM-41X are incredible machines made by what I suspect is a very small operation...and have done VERY well (again, IMO) with such beginnings.

SM has no connections to this forum, so coming here to complain about them seems odd to me. Therefore, as a moderator here... I ask that posts that appear to be primarily complaints be posted on their site and not here.

Please play nice and respect those wishes. I try to keep things focused on HP and HP-related items and only intervene when things seem to get off track or when people focus on personalities or ride a horse over and over.

Thanks all.
Gene
11-26-2020, 01:27 AM
(11-25-2020 10:15 PM)OtakuLab Wrote:  My time is just too valuable to engage in time-consuming discussions

If you leave your shipping address via PM, I would be happy to take the 30 seconds to trim the connector on a cable and ship it to you for free. What do I get from it? It will help stop a high pitched whine in this thread.

Glad to help.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
11-26-2020, 07:29 AM
(11-26-2020 01:27 AM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  
(11-25-2020 10:15 PM)OtakuLab Wrote:  My time is just too valuable to engage in time-consuming discussions

If you leave your shipping address via PM, I would be happy to take the 30 seconds to trim the connector on a cable and ship it to you for free. What do I get from it? It will help stop a high pitched whine in this thread.

Glad to help.

Style!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2020, 08:54 PM
Dear All,

On a positive note, I like my DM41X a lot! On the HP41 sector it is the best achievement since Monte's 41CL and Diego's NovRam family. I also had issues around the USB port and had to "customize" a cable in order to get the communication working. I love my HP41 since I purchased it in the 80s for what was a fortune to me at that time, and I admire all those folks who keep the legacy alive with their knowledge and enthusiasm. I think that SM can be categorized between an amateur and professional organization. I can't imagine that they will make a fortune with this business model as they depend on a dying-out population of original HP-calculator owners and won't be able to open a market with new customers that never were in contact with the real thing - unless somebody proves me wrong.
Frankly, I don't expect 100% perfect products from SM. Neither full-professional companies do this. Customer support and attendance is fairly demanding and cost-intensive. I wouldn't expect SM to afford this either. Here is where this forum comes into play with lots of nice people willing to share their knowledge and experience. Of course we are free to contact SM to get issues resolved but I am against propagating a blaming culture here that merely is for venting frustration but does not call for solutions.

Sincerely!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)