Happy Birthday HAL !
01-16-2020, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2020 09:23 AM by EdS2.)
RE: Happy Birthday HAL !
(01-15-2020 09:31 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  And there are too many movies being made now, and even more already made which I did not see yet, to watch during the remaining free hours in my remaining lifetime.
It is a predicament, but usefully enough most films these days are not worth watching!

I'm lucky enough to belong to a film club, which shows 10 excellent but relatively obscure films each year. I don't even have the risk of seeing a trailer which spoils the whole plot. There's another advantage that these films are all at least a year old, so time has passed and the selectors are not making a snap judgement.

(There is always the problem that, for some reason, different people like different films.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2020, 11:34 PM
(01-16-2020 11:05 AM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Yes (a lot better if you ask me. I have never understood what people see in Citizen Kane): https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-19078948

We will have to agree to disagree, or rather: to each, his own. While I think Vertigo is a great movie, I cannot judge it above Citizen Kane, or even close to it. Even the opening credit scene of CK is creative, clever and sets a tone for the movie, though many casual watchers never even notice it. Watch it again when you can.

--Bob Prosperi
01-17-2020, 07:26 AM
(01-16-2020 11:34 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 11:05 AM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Yes (a lot better if you ask me. I have never understood what people see in Citizen Kane): https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-19078948

We will have to agree to disagree, or rather: to each, his own. While I think Vertigo is a great movie, I cannot judge it above Citizen Kane, or even close to it. Even the opening credit scene of CK is creative, clever and sets a tone for the movie, though many casual watchers never even notice it. Watch it again when you can.

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure-dome decree... ;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2020, 01:53 PM
(01-17-2020 07:26 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 11:34 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  We will have to agree to disagree, or rather: to each, his own. While I think Vertigo is a great movie, I cannot judge it above Citizen Kane, or even close to it. Even the opening credit scene of CK is creative, clever and sets a tone for the movie, though many casual watchers never even notice it. Watch it again when you can.

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure-dome decree... Wink

As also seen in the HP-75C ROM! Who could disagree...

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)