ACT Analyzer
05-31-2020, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2020 05:09 PM by PANAMATIK.)
ACT Analyzer
I just released a PC utility for analyzing the ROM Code of most HP LED calculators.

It is called "ACT Analyzer" and can be downloaded from my website

[Image: uc?export=view&id=1eqegBvFxvqg3xAv-ip6JbFHcX53sFxDU]

It emulates all Woodstock, Spice, and Classics calculators including HP-67, HP-19C and the HP-01 calculator watch.

Also the User's manual is available.

Have fun!

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2020, 04:42 AM
RE: ACT Analyzer
Nice !!
06-01-2020, 02:08 PM
This would seem to be a perfect item as an app for a smart phone.....
Jake
06-04-2020, 08:59 PM
(06-01-2020 02:08 PM)Jake Schwartz Wrote:  This would seem to be a perfect item as an app for a smart phone.....
Jake

Not quite sure about that? I would consider a smart phone screen unsuitable to display and maintain so many registers and the ROM code. The ACT Analyzer shall provide you with complete information and overview about the calculator state. Therefore it is a typical desktop application.

But if you seriously want to port it into a smart phone app, I could provide you with the C# source code.

Bernhard

06-05-2020, 12:03 AM
(06-04-2020 08:59 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  But if you seriously want to port it into a smart phone app, I could provide you with the C# source code.

In poker, that's a call. Big Grin

--Bob Prosperi
06-05-2020, 06:07 AM
Hi Bernhard,

this is impressive, like all your work about HP calculators, specially woodstocks...
The bad news is that I have now to try to understand it well! ;-)...and this is another story!

congratulations and thank you!

Kind regards

Ignacio
06-06-2020, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2020 03:50 PM by GreyUser.)
Ah, finally an accessible tool for those of us who don’t do Linux (and can get Eric’s original emulators to run). Thank you for the contribution Bernhardt.

Now that we can see what goes on inside the the processor, I have to ask: is there a document that describes the Woodstock instruction set in mnemonic form? I can see the individual opcodes in the disassembler and that is great but without having the instruction set listing, it’s only slightly better than looking at octal opcodes.

I’ve Googled many times without success looking for an instruction listing that provides the octal op code, the mnemonic and a description of what the opcode does, registers/flags affected, etc. I know this would be a lot of work but I’m curious, has it been done?

If anyone can point me to such a document, I would be most appreciative.

Edit: I should state the obvious that I have this document in hand, looking for more. https://www.hpmuseum.org/techcpu.htm
06-07-2020, 02:04 AM
(06-06-2020 03:26 PM)GreyUser Wrote:  If anyone can point me to such a document, I would be most appreciative.

Edit: I should state the obvious that I have this document in hand, looking for more. https://www.hpmuseum.org/techcpu.htm

There is a brief listing here

http://www.teenix.org

Most instructions are fairly basic in operation, some are self explanatory and some are really complex, notably the CRC and PIK type instructions which execute on hardware outside of the CPU. Depending on the calculator family, some hardware interacts with different Status register bits, and some hardware is multiplexed into a single Status bit.

Here is an example of the value of emulators when Mike dissected the Q and Q-1 function from the HP32E.

http://forum.*****/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=427

cheers

Tony
06-07-2020, 02:15 AM
(06-07-2020 02:04 AM)teenix Wrote:  http://forum.*****/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=427

Where ***** = hp41 dot org

--Bob Prosperi
06-07-2020, 03:03 AM
Oops...

The link is correct in the text of the post but not when displayed, so maybe that is not allowed on the Forum which I was not aware.

cheers

Tony
06-07-2020, 03:45 AM
It happens automatically, you didn't do anything wrong. All posts are auto-edited so that which should not be stated is removed, going back to an old (and uninteresting) conflict. But as you can see, the auto-editor is not too thorough...

--Bob Prosperi
06-07-2020, 04:09 AM
(06-07-2020 03:45 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  All posts are auto-edited so that which should not be stated is removed, going back to an old (and uninteresting) conflict.

For some background you can read: TOS Confusion for newbies.
Btw TOS stands for The Other Site.
06-07-2020, 11:13 PM
Still have no idea what "the other site" is exactly, nor why there is so much secrecy about it. If HP is non responsive then I think we can safely discard all the mystification and be clear. It is time for this nonsense to stop.
06-08-2020, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2020 02:17 PM by Gene.)
FWIW, the owner of this site does not wish the link to be posted here. That's good enough for me. Please respect his wishes.

Thread reopened... thread topic should continue to be discussed - nothing wrong with it.

I simply hope people will respect the owner of this site's wishes. Thank you.
06-08-2020, 04:59 PM
A new ACT Analyzer Version 1.02 is available und can be downloaded by the link in my first post.

The main improvement is the new "Trace Window" capability, where you can trace all executed instructions followed by a key stroke if you want. And you can save the recording to file for later inspecting. See the manual for more info.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=1HfQpbZSblJjPpp1XLCQT9Gpzpn4u3WBT]

Also 2 new calculator models HP-33E and HP-38E are included (before only the 33C 38C models were available).

Bernhard

06-08-2020, 08:15 PM
Bernhard,

FYI - The images embedded in your posts above are not displaying. It appears that are hosted in a G-drive account, but are not accessible to everyone. My guess is that you can see them because you are signed-in and have access permission, but the public sees only a link, no image. :-(

--Bob Prosperi
06-08-2020, 08:23 PM
Permalinks
(06-08-2020 08:15 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Bernhard,

FYI - The images embedded in your posts above are not displaying. It appears that are hosted in a G-drive account, but are not accessible to everyone. My guess is that you can see them because you are signed-in and have access permission, but the public sees only a link, no image. :-(

Remember Permalinks.
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-17...l#pid30656
06-08-2020, 08:35 PM
(06-08-2020 08:15 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Bernhard,

Bob

Thanks for the info, I think I have corrected it now. For me it seemed OK.

Bernhard

06-09-2020, 02:38 AM
Yup, fixed now, both images are visible.

Looks much more inviting now... Wink

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)