Has anyone added a backlight to their calc?
05-31-2014, 10:35 AM
RE: Has anyone added a backlight to their calc?
(05-31-2014 04:38 AM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  Have you looked at the project to add a backlight to the HP100LX/200LX? This became a commercial enterprise for a while. But I think ended because it was expensive, difficult and the market for it was drying up. There's a lot of information out there on this including videos, etc.. This idea was to remove the reflective foil on the back of the LCD and replace it with a semi-transparent one that would let the backlight through.

Here are the step-by-step details.

Personally, I find it quite adequate to clip a nice e-book light to the top edge of the screen on my palmtop. You get a good amount of light on the keyboard too. That's worth trying out before diving into elaborate mods. Most of the calculators either don't have enough bezel to work with, or are too thick for the average clip-on light, but the Pioneers could probably handle it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2014, 06:47 PM
Hmmm. I wonder how difficult it would be to backlight a Portable PLUS? It would be like the rare Backlit PLUS, or Glow Worm.

The bezel on the PP is rather thick, so I don't think the book light will work.

Dave
Find all posts by this user
05-31-2014, 07:48 PM
(02-10-2014 09:58 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  I am still remembering how "cool" I must have looked walking down the High School hallway with an HP-25 calculator hanging from my belt.

Like Gileno?

Cheers
Thomas
Find all posts by this user
05-31-2014, 10:14 PM
(05-31-2014 07:48 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 09:58 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  I am still remembering how "cool" I must have looked walking down the High School hallway with an HP-25 calculator hanging from my belt.

Like Gileno?

Cheers
Thomas

I wish I had looked that coolSmile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)