HP Prime Issues
02-17-2020, 11:45 PM
HP Prime Issues
Hello fellow HP user people,

I am having an issue with updating the firmware for the calculator on my mac (OS Catalina 10.15.3). I downloaded the connectivity kit software from the hp website, installed it using safari browser (not sure if this matters) with no success so then deleted all the software and re downloaded it all with google browser. The connectivity kit software opens on command, and also connects to hp prime calculator no problem. When I request firmware upgrade through the software app I continue to receive this error: "HP Connectivity Kit quit unexpectedly." I am VERY frustrated with this , so I would really appreciate someones help on what to do at this point. I would like to download the virtual calculator too but can't seem to get that sorted out either.

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2020, 02:00 AM
RE: HP Prime Issues
Did you grant it permission to use the documents folder when it came up? Sounds like it is being blocked.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
02-19-2020, 09:36 PM
It's 99.9% a Catalina issue. The problem is that sometimes (often?) Catalina gets confused and doesn't prompt the user to allow access when an app uses some restricted feature.

Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy tab > Input Monitoring (from the list on the left)

The HP Connectivity Kit app should appear here and be ticked. If it is un-ticked then tick it. If it doesn't appear then try the + key and browse to the app to add it. (You need to be an admin user to do this.)

Then go to Files and Folders and do the same. Hopefully that will be enough to fix it.
02-25-2020, 11:49 AM
okay that seemed to have worked for the most part, thank you! im still having difficulty with the connecting the virtual calculator but ca't get it to load through the software. please help. after downloading the virtual calculator , the icon pops up on my desktop and my computer continuously tells me to add it to the applications library , which I've already done. any help would be appreciated . thanks so much!
02-25-2020, 06:39 PM
Thank you so much. this seemed to make a difference. Do I need the virtual calculator on my desktop to download programs to the calculator? I am also trying to get pictures and powerpoint data onto the calculator, do I need a converting app in order to do this, or should i be able to transfer this directly to the calculator? I downloaded a periodic table application for the hp prime, unzipped the folder and copied it to the "content" folder for the calculator. I then tried to move the icon for the app onto the connectivity kit software app by clicking and dragging into the highlighted applications folder then to--->content folder. When I try to view this on the calculator, a bunch of numbers and letters appear on the screen. Can you see an issue with how I loaded this onto the calculator? Thanks in advance
(02-19-2020 09:36 PM)BruceH Wrote:  It's 99.9% a Catalina issue. The problem is that sometimes (often?) Catalina gets confused and doesn't prompt the user to allow access when an app uses some restricted feature.

Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy tab > Input Monitoring (from the list on the left)

The HP Connectivity Kit app should appear here and be ticked. If it is un-ticked then tick it. If it doesn't appear then try the + key and browse to the app to add it. (You need to be an admin user to do this.)

Then go to Files and Folders and do the same. Hopefully that will be enough to fix it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)