32SII version names?
03-14-2020, 07:35 PM
32SII version names?
Are there names commonly used to distinguishing the two versions (if "versions" is the right word) of the 32SII (green/purple+silver, vs. orange/blue+black)?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2020, 09:30 PM
RE: 32SII version names?
(03-14-2020 07:35 PM)Orome Wrote:  Are there names commonly used to distinguishing the two versions (if "versions" is the right word) of the 32SII (green/purple+silver, vs. orange/blue+black)?

Typically only "early" and "late", but if you mean the HP internal project/product code name, then no, they are both considered 'Nardo' machines. And, ahem... that should be Aqua and Magenta+White vs. Coral and Blue+Chocolate... Wink

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
03-14-2020, 10:01 PM
rprosperi Wrote:  Typically only "early" and "late"..

I think I'll call them "nice looking" and "ugly" (not to be confused with "ghastly").
03-15-2020, 12:04 AM
(03-14-2020 10:01 PM)Orome Wrote:  

I think I'll call them "nice looking" and "ugly" (not to be confused with "ghastly").

Oddly, the ugly ones are in greater demand by collectors, as they seem to be more rare, produced for fewer years. The nice looking ones are much easier on the eyes, at least easier on older eyes.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
03-15-2020, 08:00 AM
(03-14-2020 10:01 PM)Orome Wrote:  

LOL. Yes IMHO the HP 33S was one of the ugliest calculators ever made. I have one and thought it had a good feature set but I find it so.. well... ghastly to look at, that I have to put a paper bag over it to use itSmile
03-15-2020, 12:25 PM
Steve Simpkin Wrote:  IMHO the HP 33S was one of the ugliest calculators ever made. I have one and thought it had a good feature set...

You could replace it with a 35s: it has basically the same features, plus a few, no? (And is the best-looking recent model as well.)
03-15-2020, 06:36 PM
(03-15-2020 12:25 PM)Orome Wrote:  
Steve Simpkin Wrote:  IMHO the HP 33S was one of the ugliest calculators ever made. I have one and thought it had a good feature set...

You could replace it with a 35s: it has basically the same features, plus a few, no? (And is the best-looking recent model as well.)
I do have a HP 35s and I like it a lot. I jokingly call it my "Trophy Calculator" (like the term Trophy Wife). All joking aside I like my HP 33s too. The styling is just not for me.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)