HP Prime Pro App for iOS firmware update
03-20-2020, 10:17 PM
HP Prime Pro App for iOS firmware update
Just a curiosity, the HP Prime Pro App for iOS doesn't have the possibility to update the "firmware version" without updating the whole app by design or because Apple doesn't allow to send a new part of software to an already existing app?

As it is possible to connect the App to the HP Connectivity Kit through WiFi, it would have been nice to download the new firmware version without waiting for a new full version of the whole app.

The same for the HP Prime Virtual Calculator for Mac, even though the updates are more frequent, maybe because they don't have to go through the Apple Store acceptance process.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2020, 01:02 AM
RE: HP Prime Pro App for iOS firmware update
(03-20-2020 10:17 PM)FabVir Wrote:  Just a curiosity, the HP Prime Pro App for iOS doesn't have the possibility to update the "firmware version" without updating the whole app by design or because Apple doesn't allow to send a new part of software to an already existing app?

As it is possible to connect the App to the HP Connectivity Kit through WiFi, it would have been nice to download the new firmware version without waiting for a new full version of the whole app.

The same for the HP Prime Virtual Calculator for Mac, even though the updates are more frequent, maybe because they don't have to go through the Apple Store acceptance process.

No, there is no "ROM file". They are native versions of the application for each platform.

Yes, you can connect through wifi to the connectivity kit running on your network. See page 4 in settings, or tap the top right corner on your phone and then tap the singal icon. You will either immediately see a network you can connect with, or else can even type an IP address...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)