Existing equations in 35s programs?
04-03-2020, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2020 04:15 PM by Orome.)
Existing equations in 35s programs?
The manual for the 35s says that equations can be used in programs, but (unless I've missed it) only shows how to enter new equations as part of a program. I don't see how to use an existing (already defined) equation in a program.

Is there a way to use an existing equation as part of a program?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2020, 04:13 PM
RE: Existing equations in 35s programs?
Good question.

I haven't used a 35s much but not having a lbl to be addressed I don't see how one could call a stored eqn like one could do for a subroutine (that would have a lbl that could be addressed with the desired eqn).

-Bill
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2020, 05:48 PM
(04-03-2020 02:24 PM)Orome Wrote:  Is there a way to use an existing equation as part of a program?

Unfortunately not.
Is it required to select one equation from a list? There was (many years before) few idea/programs how to make a "menu" on HP32SII, it can be same on 35s.
Also you can try to make it with (i) and (j), I am ready to brainstorming about it.

Csaba
04-05-2020, 07:21 PM
(04-03-2020 04:13 PM)BillBee Wrote:  Good question.

I haven't used a 35s much but not having a lbl to be addressed I don't see how one could call a stored eqn like one could do for a subroutine (that would have a lbl that could be addressed with the desired eqn).

-Bill

Why not put the equation in a subroutine and call that?

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-05-2020, 07:24 PM
(04-05-2020 07:21 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Why not put the equation in a subroutine and call that?

That kind of defeats the purpose of avoiding having to include it in a program in order to use it.

The question is whether an existing equation that hasn't been included in a program can be used in a program.
04-05-2020, 10:01 PM
(04-05-2020 07:24 PM)Orome Wrote:  
(04-05-2020 07:21 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Why not put the equation in a subroutine and call that?

That kind of defeats the purpose of avoiding having to include it in a program in order to use it.

The question is whether an existing equation that hasn't been included in a program can be used in a program.

My bad. I was thinking the object was to be able to call a subroutine to solve an equation. It wouldn't be in the current program and would be available to all programs. Oh well.

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-05-2020, 11:41 PM
I think what the manual was trying to state is that you could insert and use an equation in a program, not use an existing equation from the equation list. AFAIK you cannot use an existing equation from the equation list in a program.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)