SecHP for the HP Prime
04-11-2020, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2020 05:57 PM by Edwin.)
SecHP for the HP Prime
SecHP is a program for calculating the area, center of gravity, moments of inertia and main angle of composite geometric figures.

download link: https://www.hpcalc.org/details/9136

-Edwin-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2020, 01:17 AM
RE: SecHP for the HP Prime
Awesome!

Thank you, this will be very useful.
04-12-2020, 07:45 AM
Thanks Edwin, very well done Wink
Happy Easter and best,

Aries Smile
04-12-2020, 05:00 PM
Thank you very much. Another jewel for my prime. It´s the best program for moments of inertia I´ve ever seen.
04-14-2020, 08:11 PM
Hello Edwin,
Your interfaces are very very nice!
I used for a while the structural analysis module in the hp41 to do some calculation on some hollow profiles. It is clearly visible the huge evolution in computing.

Thanks

Giancarlo
04-14-2020, 08:25 PM
If I wanted to reduce sales of HP-Prime, I would take this video for advertising.
04-14-2020, 09:36 PM
(04-14-2020 08:25 PM)Hlib Wrote:  If I wanted to reduce sales of HP-Prime, I would take this video for advertising.

That seems unnecessarily harsh with no substantiation. Perhaps you could explain why?

Also, it seems unlikely to me that a potential customer wondering if they should buy a Prime might choose an advanced topic like this, from a user (and not from HP) as a source of information to help make a buying choice.

I think it's a pretty interesting application, that uses many of the unique and best features of the Prime; my only disappointment is I wish the manual was in English.

--Bob Prosperi
04-15-2020, 09:18 AM
(04-14-2020 08:25 PM)Hlib Wrote:  If I wanted to reduce sales of HP-Prime, I would take this video for advertising.

I´m also interested to know the reasons of why this video would reduce the sales of the Prime.
04-19-2020, 12:05 PM
Operating with the emulator (especially in landscape orientation) looks more dynamic and comfortable than on a physical HP-Prime. I even thought about buying a suitable phablet or netbook for such an emulator, but not of buying a calculator.
04-19-2020, 05:19 PM
(04-19-2020 12:05 PM)Hlib Wrote:  Operating with the emulator (especially in landscape orientation) looks more dynamic and comfortable than on a physical HP-Prime. I even thought about buying a suitable phablet or netbook for such an emulator, but not of buying a calculator.

That's why 1i think the next HP Prime should be a wallet model.
Exactly the 2/3 of the current model is the perfect keyboard.
Keep it!
Then cut and move the display to the left side (the top 1/3)
and finally double the size of the display on the left so that it exactly matches the kb.
Make the display as thin as possible
Let the display close as a wallet or lid over the kb on the left and power off the calculator.
Remember the pogo pins behind the calculator - for expansion.
The keyboard needs an overlay - just like the HP-41 C (or HP-71B)
I like the old HP-28C/HP-18C design
Replace the left side A...Z with a double height LCD.
- -
VPN

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)