Key in DM42
05-23-2020, 10:14 AM
Key in DM42
Hallo folks,

as a lucky guy, who owe a dm42, I've a question,
how can I key in the instruction f. e. : STO IND "FOO". My focus is on STO IND. In the original handbook for the hp 42s I found the command INDEX, which relies on matrices.

I hope that somebody can help me.

Sincereley peacecalc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2020, 10:21 AM
RE: Key in DM42
The IND in STO IND "FOO" stands for "indirect," as in, the contents of the X register are not stored in FOO but in whatever location FOO points to. It is unrelated to INDEX.

To enter that command, press [.] after [STO]. That pops up a menu where you can select IND and ST L/X/Y/Z/T (which options are available exactly varies depending which command you are entering).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2020, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2020 10:37 AM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
(05-23-2020 10:14 AM)peacecalc Wrote:  Hallo folks,

as a lucky guy, who owe a dm42, I've a question,
how can I key in the instruction f. e. : STO IND "FOO". My focus is on STO IND. In the original handbook for the hp 42s I found the command INDEX, which relies on matrices.

I hope that somebody can help me.

Sincereley peacecalc.

STO . [Upper left key]

IND stands for INDirect, not INDex.

Ch. 4 Executing functions; Indirect Addressing-Parameters Stored Elsewhere

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2020, 10:38 AM
Hallo all,
thank you very mich for your helpful anwers and comments. Now i van der clearly now....
I nirmally tragen to solve such Probleme by the help of Manual. But I eben didn't found the the wird IND in the list of keywords.
But I an go in with programming.
06-05-2020, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2020 05:40 PM by peacecalc.)
Hello friends,

Sorry for that bad style, I'm obviously not able to use my phone in the right way and made a lot of mistakes...

"Thank you very much for your helpful anwers and comments. Now i can see clearly now....

I normally try to solve such problems by the help of manuals. But I didn't found the the word IND in the list of keywords.
But I can go in with programming."

Thank you all for your polite silence for not stultifying me.

Sincerely peacecalc

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)