Back to RPL ! (HP50G)
09-03-2020, 05:29 PM
RE: Back to RPL ! (HP50G)
(09-02-2020 08:23 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  For real fun, consider HPGCC. This lets your write C code and run it natively on the 50g. It's about 100 times bigger but also 100 times faster, and you can always store the "real" program on the SD card and create a small stub on the calc that loads the program and evaluates it.

I would only add that if size is a problem, hpgcc3 creates small executables that run just like any other object, by using EVAL or embedding it in a program.
Requires a custom ROM, so installation is a bit more involved but other than that it overcomes the size issue and all obstacles you face when working with hpgcc 2.0, including allowing you to create RPL objects and manipulate them from within the C program with ease, including doing STO into variables and directories from C.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2020, 08:32 PM
(09-02-2020 08:23 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  Get an SD card (2GB or less) for backups and to store every program ever written Smile. I use a 128M card because the calculator starts faster with it.

I would add, if you get a 2 GB SD card, often it is preformatted with FAT32 and the calculator takes time to start. Formatting the card to FAT16 really makes a difference when starting the calculator (I use a 2 GB card).

Ramón
Valladolid, Spain
TI-50, Casio fx-180P, HP48GX, HP50g, HP Prime G2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2020, 10:08 AM
(09-03-2020 08:32 PM)ramon_ea1gth Wrote:  I would add, if you get a 2 GB SD card, often it is preformatted with FAT32 and the calculator takes time to start. Formatting the card to FAT16 really makes a difference when starting the calculator (I use a 2 GB card).

Thank you, Ramon. I read this here on the forums years ago in another post when I got my first HP 50g. It is a good point that should be mentioned.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
09-06-2020, 10:10 AM
(07-07-2020 12:48 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  For people that are not familiar with Prof. Rautenberg's tools, please go see this page; everyone will find something useful:

http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/raut/WR49/

You can also find additional background and links to other tools (including some 48 versions) on his memorial homepage here:

http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/raut/

Thank you for the links, Bob!

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)