Elek-Tek Catalogs
07-15-2020, 06:33 PM
Elek-Tek Catalogs
Hi,

Would anyone out there happen to own any of the following particular volumes of the Elek-Tek (not EduCALC) catalogs:

1-4, 6-9, 12, 14, 18-21, 32, any over #33?

If so and you are either willing to lend them to me for careful scanning or are willing to scan them for me, I would be most grateful.
Please send me a PM.

Thank you,
Jake
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Elek-Tek Catalogs
I have Volume V. But before you ask, I also have a CalcPro catalog.
http://www.hp.com/calculators/resellers/...tates.html

Dave
07-15-2020, 08:31 PM
(07-15-2020 08:01 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  I have Volume V. But before you ask, I also have a CalcPro catalog.
http://www.hp.com/calculators/resellers/...tates.html

Dave

Hi Dave,
I also have volume V, which is why number 5 is not in the want list :-) I also have one with "Spring/Summer 1993" on the cover but no catalog number; plus one with no catalog number or date on it, but at the top it says "The Computer Wonderland" under the Elek-Tek logo. I'll do some amateur detective work based on which HP calcs are advertised in them in order to try to establish approximate dates on those.

I also have copies of CalcPro catalog #1 and Calculating Edge catalog #1. (Both are in the PPC Archive.) Was there a catalog #2 of either? I never found out.

Thanks
07-15-2020, 10:12 PM
Jake,

You are going to make use druel and sigh in nosalgia for the good old times. I just bought an old issue of BYTE magazine in which I wrote an article. The ads fpr PC reminded me of how much we paid for sooooooooooo little memory and hard drive space!

Namir
07-16-2020, 08:20 PM
In the '80's I lived about 4 miles from Elek-Tek. I bought my 15c, 16c and 71b there.

Sadly I have no catalogs remaining from that era.
07-17-2020, 02:45 AM
I'm thinking about consulting with the remaining Chicago-area CHIP PPC group members to see if any of them might have stashed a few issues away....
Jake

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)